By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review of Silent Hill:Homecoming

Valkyria00 said:
S

6.5 Gameplay
While the combat system is extremely flexible and gives Alex a lot of different attacks to launch, it makes him way too skilled to take on the monsters of Silent Hill.

What? Too skilled? Too skilled to take on monsters? I dont understand how thats a bad thing.

I just think it's IGN trying to be cute when calling the game very easy.

I just it's a IGN trying to be creative when calling the game reas

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

definitly wont be picking this up seeing all the other good games coming out soon

I'll buy this game this weekend. I read the review from 1up and I trust on their B+

F.U. Fun University.

I've got it coming in the mail. Good rental.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Valkyria00 said:
naraku2099 said:
Valkyria00 said:
S
6.5 Gameplay
While the combat system is extremely flexible and gives Alex a lot of different attacks to launch, it makes him way too skilled to take on the monsters of Silent Hill.

What? Too skilled? Too skilled to take on monsters? I dont understand how thats a bad thing.

Defeats the entire purpose of the game. Being scary. If you can own the monsters, why are they scary?

Yea. If game still "scare" you then you need some growing up to do. No YOU in general but anybody. I say its a good thing in my eyes but whatever.

You don't undestand what he or IGN were saying. There is an imbalance in the game that takes the tension out. In a nutshell, imagine placing Kratos in Resident Evil 2. Having a character too powerful makes the game lose it's appeal as survival horror when the player can thrash the enemies mercilessly. This is what seems to have happened to a less exagerrated degree in the new Silent Hill.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I wanted this game to be good, but was pretty sure this is about what the score would be, considering the graphics were nothing revolutionary, and the fact it was handled by a separate development house. I'm still gonna pick this up because I'm a huge fan of the series and origins was pretty good. The same composer worked on this as the last silent hills, so I'm thinking the music might be able to carry the game for me.