By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top launch weeks this generation

can you make a list for last generation too? and put the dates in so we can see if there is a noticeable difference from games that are released during the holiday season and the first half of the year.

Around the Network

GH for wii definately? why hasnt anyone said that:S. i think we'll see 700k first week sales

Also animal crossing should make the list, as well as monster hunter possibility... Wii music(????) Deca sport 2?(:P) Honestly it depends on the hype of future games. Hopefully we'll see more games up there

For X360, Banjo wont make it. Honestly its gonna be a tough call here cuz all the opening weeks are really huge numbers for this console that are already hard enough to beat! But GoW of course will see the list.

PS3 well pro evolution easy.. and to be honest i have no idea how LBP will perform, its one of those games for me. Resistance 2, God of War 3 will probabely be up there. And other no brainers are GT5 and FF13

matt247 said:
can you make a list for last generation too? and put the dates in so we can see if there is a noticeable difference from games that are released during the holiday season and the first half of the year.

I can add dates.

I looked over the sales from last gen, and there is a lot of missing data for first week sales.

FIFA 09 breaks into the PS3 top 10.

@wiistation360

PEs 09 will go high up once it releases in JAP

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Great list, for ps3 i think Motorstorm 2 will also be top10.

darthdevidem01 said:
@wiistation360

PEs 09 will go high up once it releases in JAP

This.

PES08 in Japan opened @ 144k it's first week, via Famitsu numbers. It should do better this year - around 175k or even 200k. That'd put it soundly higher.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Wii Sports Resort will have a decent first week

Guitar hero 4 Wii will kick metroid out

Animal Crossing most likely

Halo 3 also sold 3.3 million on day one and GTA IV 3.6 on day one. Unmatchable.

With preliminary numbers coming in, in looks like both Gears 2 and Resistance 2 (after upcoming launch in others) will have the 3rds largest opening week on their respective consoles.

Good sales for both.