By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2010 = Magical $199 Price point on all three consoles

Picture two years from now:
Price of Wii = $199
Price of Slim X360 Elite 120GB = $199
Price of 80Gb  Slim PS3 = $199

Which console would be the better deal?

Around the Network

Wii because of the games.

that would be awesome. i doubt the wii would be priced at the same level as both of it's competitor's best sku. i'm thinking 149.99 if that happens.

or it could still have a 'supply issue,' and continue to sell at 269.99 i hope not.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

In two years time....Would Wii be more like $149? I believe a 360 60Gb Pro would retail for $149. The 360 Arcade would either sell for $99 or be discontinued.

The Wii's pricepoint already seems pretty darn magical for most people.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

the wii's sales chart is pretty magical too.

I personally would not spend more than $199 on a video game console. I am still having fun with my PS2 I bought for $199 and I have over 100 games on my PS2.

The price is the most important factor to me personally. I would hold off on purchase until I see the price that I demand as a consumer with a limited budget.

To answer your question PS3 would be the best value, it is more functional than the other 2 but I think this situation is highly unlikely to occur unless Nintendo still hasn't kept supply up with demand.

the ps3 would have a bigger hdd than 80gb it would either be the same or more than the xbox, cuz thats how sony rolls!

Ps3 is always the best value for what it offers in terms of hardware.