By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP - Super Mario Bros World 1-1 vid

By the way, Sackboy is one of the best character designs ever. That little thing is cuddly and lovely ^ ^

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

If there was music this game may of been worth watching at my friends house....

i don't get why this game is sooooo hyped, but w/e im going to play some Superman 64 Peace

Bitmap Frogs said:
By the way, Sackboy is one of the best character designs ever. That little thing is cuddly and lovely ^ ^

See Sackboy is what i have the biggest problem with.  It really pisses me off that you HAVE to use him as the main charater. 

I'm used to more freedom.  I'll have to see someone with some real talent make a level before i get this... so I can be assured that smart cool levels can actually be made.  Even the Media Molecule levels that were demoed were mediocre.

Slow and boring, but I like the idea.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

darthdevidem01 said:
masschamber said:
leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:
WOW....people saying LBP's gameplay is bad because of a terribly designed level by a crap beta user

Im so sure if it was on the wii, it would be praised like the second coming of God.

I doubt it, it would be written off as a bad platformer

Ever level I've seen looks fun to look at, but look about as fun as getting hit in the head with a brick to play,

They better have a whole lot of customization of physics and rules or else every level is going to be bad

thats why every single gaming site has been praising it to death.....gameplay wise as the grfx are nothing big.

yeah and at a time so was lair, and so was haze, and so was perfect dark, and so was blinx, and so was samba de amigo, and so was rise of the robots, and so was blasto  and so were dozens of other bad games,

praise from websites ultimately means little,

I know people seem to forget when games for their system of choice is praised untill it actually materializes,

I don't care what magazines say, the gameplay looks aweful, and the only thing moving this game is the interesting graphics style, so I'll reiterate, unless gameplay can be heavily modified by the end user the community creations will never be great as the core gameplay looks plain and simple terrible

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

@masschamber.

You are simply wrong, the gameplay is great. Make no mistake - this is a fantastic game and those who've spent time with it by and large love it. This is not just game websites, not just media outlets, those in the beta are especially having a ton of fun. Since you're so convinced that this game sucks, and with the unfounded comparisons to lair, haze and perfect dark, what do you see this game reviewing at? Just curious.

The problem with this level is it's trying to force super mario brothers into the LBP engine. In the form shown it clearly doesn't work but give them time and they might come up with something better.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:
WOW....people saying LBP's gameplay is bad because of a terribly designed level by a crap beta user

Im so sure if it was on the wii, it would be praised like the second coming of God.

Don't you mean the third coming? :D

The BuShA owns all!

LBP sucks at SMG.

Kenology said:
LBP sucks at SMG.

It didn't really help that it looked more like a quick and poor attempt. With work, something a whole lot better could be pushed out, but I wouldn't expect it to turn out exactly like a whole other game.

You're right. The core gamplay and physics engine makes it impossible for LBP to mimic the pace of SMB. Sackboy moves to slowly and is too floaty when he jumps.

When people see a LBP re-enactment of SMB, they're gonna compare it to SMB and it can never be spot on. So it really was a bad idea. It was designed just for fun, I know... but folks would do better to design levels that play toward LBP's strengths.