By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam's Greatest Deal Ever: 50% Off on all Rockstar games!!!

BenKenobi88 said:

I'm sure they will someday...I mean...they already have the "Valve Complete Pack" which is every Valve game ever made so far, and that's $99...a savings of $90.

That's Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Peggle Extreme for $99...imagine a 50% deal there! $50 for ALL those games? It's absurd but Valve does give crazy deals sometimes.

True, the complete pack is already an excellent deal, but $100 is still quite a bit for anyone who isn't already a fan of most of Valve's different IPs. Particularly if you already bought Orange Box.

$50 for all that would be insane. Insane for anyone to pass up if they had even a passing interest in just the Half Life franchise even.

The weekend sales are kind of an interesting offering for DD services. Clearly it doesn't hurt the service provider in terms of lost revenue on overstocked inventory, since there isn't any. Presumably most people taking advantage of these deals are users like myself who end up buying games they normally wouldn't have because the deals are simply too generous to pass up.

Plus I'm sure they generate a lot of extra traffic, which can only lead to an expansion of the service, which is all right by me.

Having your game collection tied to user name rather than hardware alone makes Steam a big winner in DD services, not to mention all the other merits.

Around the Network

Hmmm... I own GTA 3 on the PC, Vice City and San Andreas on the PS2. Should I still get it?? Hmmm...

How do you do the "press the button at the right moment" car mini games on the PC? I suck at it on the PS2 so I'd given up on San Andreas at that first mini game.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
Hmmm... I own GTA 3 on the PC, Vice City and San Andreas on the PS2. Should I still get it?? Hmmm...

How do you do the "press the button at the right moment" car mini games on the PC? I suck at it on the PS2 so I'd given up on San Andreas at that first mini game.

I assume you are talking about the driving school lessons? I did it on PC, and some were hard but I passed them all.

Anyway, if your PC is atleast semi-recent, you can play all the Rockstar games at a much higher visual quality than PS2's. And there's also the Max Payne games which are awesome.

No, I'm talking about the dance dance revolution style push this button at this time mini games. The first one you do in the game is with your car, you get a pimiped out car that has those controllable shocks that you can raise and lower and you're in some face off against another guy for style points or some crazy thing like that.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
No, I'm talking about the dance dance revolution style push this button at this time mini games. The first one you do in the game is with your car, you get a pimiped out car that has those controllable shocks that you can raise and lower and you're in some face off against another guy for style points or some crazy thing like that.

ah, but that's not really hard. I think I beat it on my 2nd or 3rd try. I used the keyboard and it was kind of easy

Around the Network

Agh I had played San Andreas on PC before and I got stuck on that pimped out car minigame...I don't know if it was because my controls were different or my timing was off, but I simply could not pass.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

just bought the Max Payne bundle... sweet. Steam is my sheppard and I'm his whore.

BenKenobi88 said:
Agh I had played San Andreas on PC before and I got stuck on that pimped out car minigame...I don't know if it was because my controls were different or my timing was off, but I simply could not pass.

Thanks for saving me from buying it again! :)

I'm not really interested in GTA, but I've heard great things about Max Payne so i'll probably snap up that bundle quick before the deal ends.

Thanks for the tip.