By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 2: Where is the love?

With it's release just under a month from now, where is all the hype for this game?

everyone seems so focused on Gow2, R2 and KZ2 and yet so few threads on this game?

The first was pretty massive and yet this one seems to have slipped under the radar.

Also, why does there seem to be so little talk about the new SOCOM (releasing today), what's going on?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

socom will release in october aswell,,,,but I hear you man,,,,I just hope console versions of farcry 2 have good graphics.

It's a day one purchase for me if it gets a review score higher than 8.5 from IGN.what about you are you gonna buy it day one?

SpartanFX said:
socom will release in october aswell,,,,but I eha you man,,,,I just hope console versions have good graphics.

It's a day one purchase for me if it gets a review score higher than 8.5 from IGN.what about you are you gonna buy it day one?

oops about SOCOM, i just took the date from this site (edit: i see now where i stuffed up, the release date in EU is listed as today, the US etc. release date os in October)

But yeah, both are going to be day1 for me, hype or not lol

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

i did want far cry 2 but i cant aford... r2, LBP, MSPR, sonicU, and Far cry 2..

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

I'll definitely get FC2, the reviews won't matter.

Around the Network
Spankey said:

With it's release just under a month from now, where is all the hype for this game?

everyone seems so focused on Gow2, R2 and KZ2 and yet so few threads on this game?

The first was pretty massive and yet this one seems to have slipped under the radar.

Also, why does there seem to be so little talk about the new SOCOM (releasing today), what's going on?

Cos most of people here are just a console fanboys and focus on their console exclusive shooters. In PC gaming sites FC2 is huge. FC was great. I hope FC2 will be great again. I will buy it on PC. PC is the ultimate FPS platform.

Far Cr 

farcry looks to be a very good game.

but resistance 2 and gear of war 2, not to mention cod5 will take the limelight off it

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I'm looking forward to it, but there are too many games every holiday season and this is one that is at risk.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

For some reason, I could never get in to Far Cry 1. I just disliked it. It's probably because I didn't get it a fair shot, but I tried to play through it twice, and I just didn't like the difficulty, or pretty much anything about it, except the beautiful graphics.

I certainly wouldn't pick this up over Fable 2, Resistance 2, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, Gears 2, Mirror's Edge, even TLR, Dead Space, or any other really potentially good game coming out this year, even if FC2 got a perfect 10 and those games got 6s. I just hated it that much. I played it on PC. I just hated the damn game, dunno why. Was I the only one?

So, in conjunction with the fact that there are already some really hyped games that I can't afford, and some that I'll have to rent, and the fact that I hate Far Cry and always will, I'm guessing this one is a skip, and I hope you all enjoy it.

As for SOCOM, it's one of those games that has a very niche audience that I've never seen before. Seriously, I don't know a single person that was or is in to SOCOM. It obviously was a fairly popular game, but I just never met anyone who actually played and enjoyed it. I've never even played it myself.

With so many badass games coming out, discussions tend to focus around them, and away from the lesser touted shooters.

PS: I do have it in my gamefly queue just in case I have an opening. I believe in redemption.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Skeeuk said:
farcry looks to be a very good game.

but resistance 2 and gear of war 2, not to mention cod5 will take the limelight off it

Far Cry is very popular in Europe (much more then in America). In East Europe where I live only a few people heard something about Resistance. PC gaming is holding around 80-90% here. Gears become popular only after its PC release. That is why many people are interested in Gears 2, but expectations in Resistance 2 are very, very low. On the other hand Far Cry have many fans and gets more hype then R2 and GoW2 combined.