By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

the only thing i'll say is that macs are still way over priced. My PC that I built was far ahead of the best Mac for half the price.
Although I'll admit that Apple has some great software, some stuff (music and video) that is head and shoulders above PC programs.

Around the Network

I have a macbook and an iPod touch and so far I am not very happy with the quality of the hardware.

I'd probably get one if I didn't need to install XP / Vista just to play games on it.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

5. Platform criticism. Posts slamming a particular platform without basis - be it a specific console, macs, windows, or anything similar - will not be tolerated. The forums are here for gamers of all persuasions, so unless you're in a thread specifically geared towards platform comparison/discussion, keep your anti-platform comments out of the thread. Note that there is a difference between having a reasonable argument in the correct thread and trolling.

According to forum rule 5# this thread is trolling.

Clicks report button on OP.

Mac--the next best thing for rich libs and college freeloaders until five months later. Jobs cost people their sanity for prettiness over productivity.

Around the Network

I own an Apple Ipod, IPhone and I am going to buy an Apple lap top on the weekend.
Apple >>> MS.

halogamer1989 said:
Mac--the next best thing for rich libs and college freeloaders until five months later. Jobs cost people their sanity for prettiness over productivity.

its sane to pick form over function?

I feel like joining this particular discussion for this night's study breaks, unless it locks I guess.

I have to agree with the OP on this one but I can give some reasons. As Apple grew I learned more and more about it, then I learned enough to know Apple isn't who they are pretending to be.

Apple's OS is still available only on their hardware, this means paying up to twice as much as a normal PC for something of the same quality, if you build your own PC then something around 3-5 times as much. And for what? So my 50%+ of my software won't run? Don't give me the whole Wine or DD crap, it doesn't always work, especially with new software. They have posts about it on their forums all the time, especially concerning video games. It's an overpriced piece of plastic/aluminum that runs a fraction of the world's software.

Now I will hear about the whole security and the fact it doesn't crash. My laptop is running Vista, and I have yet to have it lock up, use up too much resources, or outright crash because of Vista. The exception was some audiodg.exe process which ate up my CPU once upon a times and I had no idea why. I also have not gotten a single virus on Vista or had any major problem with malware. If you know even slightly what you are doing, then Windows won't get randomly infected. The one benefit to having a Mac over a PC right now is that your computer can be spitting jets of fire out of every orifice in its shell, and as long as it wasn't cause by a coke spill they will fix it for you.

Now people will probably start talking about how Apple is leading to world in innovation. I hate to break it to you but I doubt anyone can reach Microsoft's level of innovation. The sole reason we are here today and everything is so advanced is because Gates ripped off Apple and said, "Anyone can sell this OS on any hardware as long as they pay for it." Microsoft single-handedly made the PC an integral part of almost everyone's life in the span of a decade. If it was up to Apple the computers would have cost a lot more since you could only have their software on their hardware, and if they were the lone vendors why the hell should they drive the price down on their hardware? The whole world is indebted to Microsoft and Gates for where the world is today, the whole Web 2.0 and the pervasiveness of the computer would not exist without them. In comparison, Apple's innovations seem like child's play.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Jo21 said:
FaRmLaNd said:
This anti apple rhetoric was fine 10 years ago, but it isn't any more. Things have changed massively, the apple now is not the apple then, get with the times and acknowledge that apple is now a worthy alternative to the windows environment in regards to a number of commercial, educational and personal applications. Let alone their domination of the mp3 player market, success in smart phones and domination of the music digital distribution scene.

FaRmLaNd, posting this from a mac.

smartphones?

apple is even behing window mobile and they don't even have 3% of the smartphone market share

nokia owns around 50% by itself with over 80 millions smartphones each.

So what if they don't have 3% of the market? They're the same in the pc arena, they're never going to have the majority market share, that doesn't stop them from being hugely profitable and an innovative business. Anyone can pick on a business's less successful innovations but that doesn't change anything. Apple is a business thats successfully diversified into multiple industries that people didn't think a computer company ever would have entered into and have been profitible, whilst also increasing the popularity of their core product. You might not like their products but ones personal perspective doesn't tell the whole story. The apple of the last 10 years has been a success, and an ever increasing amount of people are willing to spend their hard earned on them.

lol, great video. I hate macs. My company gave me a mac and first thing i did was install windows on it...and it kept locking up and freezing. Eventually the whole partition got corrupted.

Sure the mac os worked still...but who the hell would want to use that? Good luck trying to find proper drivers to watch XVid codec movies (most common ripped movies format) on mac OS...