By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How can you Count SONY out???

GTAIV08 said:
Fernando said:
GTAIV08 said:
if you want to make a thread about ps3, dont do it here! go to IGN or GT, or something else. why? because here= 90% xbox 360 fanboys, 5% a piece for wii and ps3.

You clearly are a newbie (7 posts)...

This site doesn't have a lot 360 fanboys... is more like 50% Nintendo, 40% Sony and 10% Microsoft.

just started actually posting but have been browsing the forums for ages! every thread i have been to is full of ps3 and wii hate!!

I really really don't think that that is true...

Around the Network

The perfect time to do anything is when all the pieces are in place, or when the most important pieces are in place. Not before they are in place a lot of community members have learned this the hard way about the PS3. They may say they were satisfied with their choice, but had they known then what they know now. The majority of them would have at least waited to make the purchase. A great many of them might have decided on another console.

I would say for anyone considering a PS3 the perfect time is probably next holiday season when the console will probably be around three hundred dollars. When the future of the movie format is assured, and the price of the media is not prohibitively expensive. More to the point the Sony brand does not necessarily mean quality. Ask the millions of consumers Sony has burned over the last five years. Not to mention the tendency of Sony to abandon their ideals, or even make exaggerated claims.

The original poster speaks of future releases of great games. Well no shock there the PS3 has always sold on future potential, and not on present delivery. Well consumers are not investors they are supposed to consume. Rather then let things mature, and if you are going to let things mature. Why not wait to buy until they mature, and the product is available at a better price.

Game libraries do not exist in a vacuum it has been said before. For every great game a console has. Another console can claim the same. The PS3 is never going to have Halo, Fable, Gears of War, Smash Brothers, Mariokart, or Mario Galaxy. So it is not as if a potential consumer is not making a sacrifice. The most logical choice to make is based upon volume, and not a couple titles alone.

The reality is this Microsoft is going to have the higher volume, because their console supports PC porting. They have had the higher volume all generation long. There is no logical reason to assume this will change. More to the point Nintendo has the more prolific first party support. Many posters have said it, and it is utterly true. Nintendo can carry its console alone. They can do so, because they can feed and sustain their fan base.

I have never understood the hurry up and wait logic. I am sorry if this hurts feelings. However it must be said this was stupid logic, and thanks to falling into lock step on the bandwagon a lot of good members of this community got fleeced, and they got fleeced hard. They ended up spending hundreds of dollars they had no need to, and while everyone else was playing another consoles best they had to sit around and wait. Many of them are still waiting.

GTAIV08 said:
frybread said:
Anyone remember the Gamecube fanboys?

It was always, "just wait until resident evil 4, a GCN exclusive!!" or "price drop baby, mass market time!" or "4 times as powerful as the PS2!!" They were still hanging on as late as 2004.

Anyway, I think they must have all bought PS3's this gen.

jeez! if the ps3 is doing so bad then how fucked is the 360!! do i need to remind everyone how cheap it had to go just to get even sales with the ps3! you know sometimes you should actually think before posting.

Yeah something the PS3 can't afford i mean the PS3 dropped $200.00 less than 3 years, yeah you're right the 360 is the desperate one

The PS3's heavy hitters haven't dropped yet? We've seen MGS4, GTA4, and Hot Shots Golf - the PS3's biggest heavy-hitters outside of GT5 - come and go, with no change whatsoever.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I honestly feel that this site is inhabited by a majority of PS3 fans that feel they are in the minority. EIther way people count PS3 out because it has a lot of uphill battles to fight. Wii being supply constrained in the US for 2 years is scary, how many products out there have had that problem ever? PS3 also has XBOX to worry about which arguably give the same experience that the PS3 offers for a cheaper price. PS3 will not fail by any means.....I mean 15 odd million is a pretty good number of systems sold......but it has a long way to go to make it to the top.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Fernando said:
GTAIV08 said:
Fernando said:
GTAIV08 said:
if you want to make a thread about ps3, dont do it here! go to IGN or GT, or something else. why? because here= 90% xbox 360 fanboys, 5% a piece for wii and ps3.

You clearly are a newbie (7 posts)...

This site doesn't have a lot 360 fanboys... is more like 50% Nintendo, 40% Sony and 10% Microsoft.

just started actually posting but have been browsing the forums for ages! every thread i have been to is full of ps3 and wii hate!!

I really really don't think that that is true...

you dont have to think it! you could see it! look at the posts below my last post.

Xbox_Nation said:
GTAIV08 said:
frybread said:

It was always, "just wait until resident evil 4, a GCN exclusive!!" or "price drop baby, mass market time!" or "4 times as powerful as the PS2!!" They were still hanging on as late as 2004.

jeez! if the ps3 is doing so bad then how fucked is the 360!! do i need to remind everyone how cheap it had to go just to get even sales with the ps3! you know sometimes you should actually think before posting.

Yeah something the PS3 can't afford i mean the PS3 dropped $200.00 less than 3 years, yeah you're right the 360 is the desperate one

sony were desperate as fuck last year, now microsoft are desperate this year because they know they are slowly fading and falling behind. either way, sony got out of their shit hole last year and are in a good position now, microsoft are in a shit hole now, lets see if they can get out of it. whatever happens, us consumers get all the action, so FUCK SONY, FUCK MICROSOFT and FUCK NINTENDO!! actually sony just give me god of war 3, microsoft make a console that doesnt break every 5 minutes and nintendo stop waving around that stupid remote and give us some real fuckin games! and another zelda!

People want to count out the PS3 because Sony started doing things worse than Hitler. Apparently they sold a console that was to advanced at a loss of 250 dollars per unit. This sent people into a rage, and they decide that this technology thing had went to far, and from that day forward there would never be another advance in technology. With this mindset in place people all over the world looked high an low, and out of the darkness came a savior.

The Nintendo corperation opened up a new path of scaled back hardware. They promised that it was even less advanced than the previous generation hardware. They eleminated the harddrive that Microsoft set as a standard in the previous gen, and made it clear that they would not sell their consoles at a loss. Nintendo promissed them a world were game consoles could be sold at profits like the oil industry is making, and the masses went carzy.

Ever since then people have worshipped Nintendo, and children around the world have been told the story about the evil Sony empire.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

GTAIV08 said:
Xbox_Nation said:
GTAIV08 said:
frybread said:

sony were desperate as fuck last year, now microsoft are desperate this year because they know they are slowly fading and falling behind. either way, sony got out of their shit hole last year and are in a good position now, microsoft are in a shit hole now, lets see if they can get out of it. whatever happens, us consumers get all the action, so FUCK SONY, FUCK MICROSOFT and FUCK NINTENDO!! actually sony just give me god of war 3, microsoft make a console that doesnt break every 5 minutes and nintendo stop waving around that stupid remote and give us some real fuckin games! and another zelda!

lol at least we can agree on something.

leo-j said:
The amount of hate for the ps3 on this site is astonishing, its like it murdered a relative of someone, and all you people want for it is to die.

I think it's more a hate of illogical comments.

For example if people started running around saying Ralph Nader was definitly going to win the Presidential Election... that person would likely be met with a lot of scorn.

It's the same way with the PS3. 

It's not impossible... but it's so low that it's funny/annoying when people pretend it's a predestined fact.

I mean... at least wait with the talk untill the PS3 proves it can pass the 360.  I mean you have to be number 2 before you can be number 1.