By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Class-action lawsuit against EA over DRM

ssj12 said:
Strategyking92 said:
I hope they win, so I can get a refund for the crappy game I bought 1st day!

how about get the spyware off our PCs? that would be a great start.

scruffy seconds this post.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
please win please. EA needs to learn that DRM isnt the answer as long as you have a great game. Take for example The Witcher. CD Projekt Red doesnt have DRM built in and its selling well due to the fact its an amazing game. The only reason I'm downloading the enhanced edition DVD file is because I can't get the free upgrade patch to work. I own the original and they offer all bonus material for free. So I;m not even pirating the game since it is a free upgrade anyways with the original.

I think DRM can be an answer.... just not like the Securom kind.

The kind where one copy can only be online at once, and it beign tied to one EA account.  Thats "good" DRM.

The kind that installs on your computer for no reason and limited installs are the "Bad" kind.

In my opinion anyway.

but you dont even really need DRM for that, just an online account based system fior multiplayer features.

Just make it so that you have to log in online to play any game be it single player or online player..( ' But I don't have online access when I play from a remote island in the middle of the pacific during my vacations !'...)

PS : I highly doubt this lawsuit has any chance of winning. The impact on any software company that doesn't clearly state what is installed when you install their product would be way too huge...

Because judges know how much the industry will change? They don't give a damn about the companies unless they are being paid by one of the sides.

Also, Blizzard games have as strong single-player ass they do multi. The runewords which you can only get on Bnet are false. Anything you can get online you can get offline too, as long as it is patched to the right version of course.

Then what about UT2004. About 2 months after it came out you no longer needed the CD to play, and then online required no authentication of any sort. Basically you were free to make a copy of the disk, slap the Key on there and you'd still have the full game with all its features unlocked. From what I hear UT2004 didn't do so poorly either.

I stand by what I said.

You can not get the more powerfull runewords in D2 playing offline.

Same with most of the uniques added in 1.10

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml

if you not believe me...

PS : for the judges EA will be able to argue it's not a new practice in the industry and has been going on for a while..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

vlad321 said:
Strategyking92 said:

That's not gonna happen, also Spore is absolutely awesome. GOTY material.

yes, it is..... If you totally disregard the boring gameplay, and slow pace.... Seriously, the best part of the game was the cell phase... which is the same as fl0w! The only (really)good part of the game was creating your creature, which you could do for $10.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a little disapointed, but I expected a game I had actually watched out for 3 years to be a AAA game. I will never buy another Will Wright game again. (unless he makes good games again) I mean, he even told us he simplified gameplay so it might sell a little better!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
please win please. EA needs to learn that DRM isnt the answer as long as you have a great game. Take for example The Witcher. CD Projekt Red doesnt have DRM built in and its selling well due to the fact its an amazing game. The only reason I'm downloading the enhanced edition DVD file is because I can't get the free upgrade patch to work. I own the original and they offer all bonus material for free. So I;m not even pirating the game since it is a free upgrade anyways with the original.

I think DRM can be an answer.... just not like the Securom kind.

The kind where one copy can only be online at once, and it beign tied to one EA account.  Thats "good" DRM.

The kind that installs on your computer for no reason and limited installs are the "Bad" kind.

In my opinion anyway.

but you dont even really need DRM for that, just an online account based system fior multiplayer features.

Just make it so that you have to log in online to play any game be it single player or online player..( ' But I don't have online access when I play from a remote island in the middle of the pacific during my vacations !'...)

PS : I highly doubt this lawsuit has any chance of winning. The impact on any software company that doesn't clearly state what is installed when you install their product would be way too huge...

Because judges know how much the industry will change? They don't give a damn about the companies unless they are being paid by one of the sides.

Also, Blizzard games have as strong single-player ass they do multi. The runewords which you can only get on Bnet are false. Anything you can get online you can get offline too, as long as it is patched to the right version of course.

Then what about UT2004. About 2 months after it came out you no longer needed the CD to play, and then online required no authentication of any sort. Basically you were free to make a copy of the disk, slap the Key on there and you'd still have the full game with all its features unlocked. From what I hear UT2004 didn't do so poorly either.

I stand by what I said.

You can not get the more powerfull runewords in D2 playing offline.

Same with most of the uniques added in 1.10

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml

if you not believe me...

Oh we are talking Ladder here. That means that you won't get those items even if you are on Battle.net but just not a Ladder character.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Even better than boycotting is the idea that I just read from some poster at slashdot. Buy the game and then return it to the store, and say you're returning it because of the DRM.

Either the store will be sending back copies to EA, or they'll get pissed off about it and stop selling DRM'd games. Win win. Just make sure that your store allows to return products.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I still think suing would be the boldest action, but if you don't feel like investing the money your way is definitely the way to do it.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

ssj12 said:
Strategyking92 said:

how about get the spyware off our PCs? that would be a great start.

Oh if only they would. I am so sick of this crap going on without knowing about it until afterwords. Even Zone Alarm didn't pick it up on my PC.

So, yeah, what SSJ12 said