By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN:Resistance 2 could easily be one of the largest games of the year

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/912/912569p3.html

After playing through 3 huge modes in Resistance 2, Ign has been struck with excitement, and amazement on how good Resistance 2 has become.

They think its so good, that it may "easily" be a contendor for GOTY come november.

Resistance 2 is shaping up to be one of the biggest games this year.

mM
Around the Network

What do you mean by ''biggest game'' of the year?

The issue with previews is that they're always positive. I remember Samba De Amigo (sorry if that's not the real name) on Wii was said by IGN to be a GOTY contender.

This is nothing against R2, it's looking fantastic, but I am just saying that GOTY contender gets thrown around a bit much.

its already "considered" on the best games of the year...comin out. i jus hope it lives up to the hype unlike halo 3 did for me

Sounds like Insomniac has done great work with R2; compelling single player, scalable co-op, and large scale multiplayer. If they pull all three off I can see why they would at least be mentioned in GOTY discussions.

We'll know soon!

Around the Network

^I've always been curious about that too. IGN praised the hell out of Sonic and the Secret Rings in the preview, so much I actually had hype for the game...It was ok.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

atma998 said:
What do you mean by ''biggest game'' of the year?

One of the biggest games of the year

mM

So, does that mean...bigger than Gears2, or , or bigger, relative to PS3?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
So, does that mean...bigger than Gears2, or , or bigger, relative to PS3?

It means one of the biggest games of the year

mM

i think the game will be bigger than gears 2 cuz once u beat that games story mode what do u have left.....5 on 5 multiplayer??? alot of my friends got sick of the last gears online quick. 5 on 5 isnt really gonna change anythin to me. 5 on 5 isnt like 30 on 30