By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I figured out why the Wii's attach rate is lower than it could be

I have 5 Wii games in my possession, but that's because I'm only buying GC games at the moment and don't want to pay full price for games yet (until The Conduit)

I had have many GC games though....about... 50.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

hah bolero, you bring so much good material to the site.
Nice how you don't even say anything in any thread, just talk about the posters. noone cares (me being someone who is looking out for you!!)

I'm just saying that there are many ways to test things and figure out correlations, and it really depends on which tests you are looking at because they each tell you different things.

some people here would like to only look at one side of the equation, and call the other side "flamebait" or "fanboyism"

LOL, stoppable

PS: what wii music thread?
PPS: I get that you make jokes, what those jokes hope to accomplish i'm not sure of yet, because a lot of salt is thrown in there as well as knock knocks. the ulterior motive escapes me.

i've got around 30 but i'm hardore

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Groucho said:

Wow. Is the general attach rate really that low? I own like 7 or 8 Wii discs, 3 WiiWare games, and 6 VC games. On top of that I must own at least 30 GC games... and in my opinion, the Wii is practically a desert in terms of stuff I want (I don't really like WiiFit, WiiMusic, Carnival Games, WiiPlay, etc., even if casual gamers do -- obviously I qualify as "hardcore").  If you compare my numbers beside those of the average Wii owner (the "casual"), my attach rate is 3-4x as high.  If that was typical, the smaller hardcore crowd carries so much weight as to be a force to be seriously reckoned with, relative to the casual gamer, despite the numbers differences.

I'm really surprised that the general Wii owner would only spend $150-200 (3-4) on games (assuming they even bought new ones), when they bought the console for $250.

Worldwide attach rate for Wii games is about 5 retail games per console. You're just a bit over that, so you must be at least a little bit casual.

Don't worry, I won't tell anybody.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I thought casuals don't buy games very often? And then hardcores don't buy that much for the Wii because there isn't that much that meets their tastes.

I think THAT'S why the attach rate is "lower than it could be".

Don't blame "hardcores" because Nintendo is effectively ignoring them

I have 18 Wii games including wii sports so im not hurting the attach rate lol.

"Like you know"

BMaker11 said:
I thought casuals don't buy games very often? And then hardcores don't buy that much for the Wii because there isn't that much that meets their tastes.

I think THAT'S why the attach rate is "lower than it could be".

Don't blame "hardcores" because Nintendo is effectively ignoring them

i honestly believe that the attach rate is high because of people like me, who at least owned a wii, and bought games like mario 64, and tons of other old school games. I had about 12, and i only bought 3 actual tangible games.

sure some people own like 30 games and that helps too. but i mean, if i were to say i owned 4 ps3 games that would be true. But they are all collector editions, (80$) and i have about 20 games on the HD like Eden, SPF2T, etc etc. i don't think those should honestly count.

Gamerace said:

you know, while this thread is total sarcasm Rol might be onto something. Core gamers often have both a HD system and a Wii and will often prefer to get a multiplatform game (IE: Madden) on the HD system thereby lowering Wii's attach rate.

@brainbox - You are definately onto something there!  I can just imagine how many more copies of Endless Ocean would have sold if you could shoot those dolphins and spear some sharks.   And if you get to shoot at Mii's playing Wii Music then a lot of people on this site will definately pick that up too, especially if it was all online and you could goto anyone else's Wii and randomly pillage their Wii Music bands.

That is generally what I do.  I'd never buy a wii multi-platform game over the 360/PS3 counterpart.  Just wouldn't make any sense to me.  Notwithstanding, for me the wii is only useful for playing nintendo first party games.  No other games on the wii interest me.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

The anticipation for what the OP was, boiled up and over, I was totally disappointed =(, I expected something retric.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D