By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Wonktonodi said:
Puppeteer plat! I really had fun with that game. Now I'm not sure if I want to finish Sly or try out one of the many games from plus I haven't played.

Congrats! I'm on my 1st playthrough just for fun and I can see me going for the plat. Which strategy did you use? I see there are a lot of collectibles and curtain specific trophies and I'd like to do each curtain only once more if that is possible.

How did you do it? Any useful guide or something?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Thx for update Arc.

@Kyliedog

Congratz on GT5 plat, well done

Thanks for the update

Seems like forever since I got a platinum. Been spending a lot of time with Killzone Shadowfall MP having fun and I think will be my first 4 star plat, I should have Beyond and Saints Row 4's plats all done up pretty soon maybe by next update will feel good to knock that off my PS3 backlog, and really like both games so far.

ghettoglamour said:
Wonktonodi said:
Puppeteer plat! I really had fun with that game. Now I'm not sure if I want to finish Sly or try out one of the many games from plus I haven't played.

Congrats! I'm on my 1st playthrough just for fun and I can see me going for the plat. Which strategy did you use? I see there are a lot of collectibles and curtain specific trophies and I'd like to do each curtain only once more if that is possible.

some acts you will need to play a few times. There are 4 sections you need  to do without dieing but there are some collectibles that getting makes it very hard to do also the "that's using your head" can take some work because you need the right head at the right point and can't just pick heads you have already acquaired but whatever you get on the level. Heads can trasfer within an act but not between them so one act in particular gave me some trouble getting the right head or the Kutaro head.

Also the guide was missing the heads and actions for an act with a lot of heads.

after my first play through I pretty much just went through level by level with many tabs open, one for the hundredsparkels, one for the heads and one for the other puppets in the background and sometimes one for the souls I was still missing.

There isn't a very clear guide for the lost souls, but some of the toughest are in forums on the game. 

What might take the longest for you might be the 2nd player trophies. I had played seceond played for my sister when I started playing the game so I didn't have to grind for the 3,000 sparkels 50 souls and the others don't take long.

some more obvious pointers.

If you have a head you will need later in a level keep another head selected until the momemnt. If you do happen to lose the one you want. If you lose all your heads you will start with the ones you had (unless you had two of one then one of them gets replaced iirc)

when using the kutaro head for the action switch off of it fast so you don't lose it or acidentally get a new head over it if action leads to a new head or heads.

The game is a lot of fun enjoy!

KylieDog said:
Tbone said:
@Kyliedog

Congratz on GT5 plat, well done

Thanks, though another overrated plat imo, mostly grind with only a few hard-very hard bits stopping plat.  GT-R trophy not very tough is just that that it takes over 7 minutes per attempt, I got it on third lap so about 22 minutes.

RedBull was tough because really underestimate how well it holds to track, kept braking too much, then not enough.  Using vids on youtube though can perfect corners for turns, lines and braking etc, just pause game, play vid, pause vid, unpause game and copy, repeat.  Lame I know but it works.  Everything else is a grind and not anywhere near as challenging, I had a lot of it done anyway.

Every hard plat has cheap tricks.  Like on KZ2 can just sprint ahead of enemy spawns and not fight any, twirl hard missions on NGS2 and let good partner do work, lariat gief on SFIV games or use macro controller for trial assist, copy vids on youtube for MGS2 VR, etc etc.

Was going to plat Motorstorm Apocalypse but last month been doing NFS HP and GT5, had enough of racers, mixing between DIablo 3 and Metal Gear Rising now.  MGR so low quality in acting/storytelling.

cool, you got MGS2 plat for vita and PS3.

Is the vita one harder to plat? because the rarity is 2.07% vs 6.10% on ps3 according to psnprofiles.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
ghettoglamour said:
Wonktonodi said:

some acts you will need to play a few times. There are 4 sections you need  to do without dieing but there are some collectibles that getting makes it very hard to do also the "that's using your head" can take some work because you need the right head at the right point and can't just pick heads you have already acquaired but whatever you get on the level. Heads can trasfer within an act but not between them so one act in particular gave me some trouble getting the right head or the Kutaro head.

Also the guide was missing the heads and actions for an act with a lot of heads.

after my first play through I pretty much just went through level by level with many tabs open, one for the hundredsparkels, one for the heads and one for the other puppets in the background and sometimes one for the souls I was still missing.

There isn't a very clear guide for the lost souls, but some of the toughest are in forums on the game. 

What might take the longest for you might be the 2nd player trophies. I had played seceond played for my sister when I started playing the game so I didn't have to grind for the 3,000 sparkels 50 souls and the others don't take long.

some more obvious pointers.

If you have a head you will need later in a level keep another head selected until the momemnt. If you do happen to lose the one you want. If you lose all your heads you will start with the ones you had (unless you had two of one then one of them gets replaced iirc)

when using the kutaro head for the action switch off of it fast so you don't lose it or acidentally get a new head over it if action leads to a new head or heads.

The game is a lot of fun enjoy!

Thank you for your detailed answer! What about this guide on ps3trophies.org? http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/puppeteer/216305-puppeteer-trophy-guide-road-map.html

I think there's everything I need isn't it?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:

Thank you for your detailed answer! What about this guide on ps3trophies.org? http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/puppeteer/216305-puppeteer-trophy-guide-road-map.html

I think there's everything I need isn't it?

that's covers most of it. there isn't a guide for the souls so when I had a few and went looking I might have found a few in others.

one other thing I didn't mention with all the things being collected on the levels before was to also get the level specific trophy done as well as 2 other trophies that had 6 parts. those are all in the guide it just doesn't put it in a minimal replay order.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/680070-puppeteer/67252286

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/680070-puppeteer/67326827

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/680070-puppeteer/67250452

KylieDog said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

cool, you got MGS2 plat for vita and PS3.

Is the vita one harder to plat? because the rarity is 2.07% vs 6.10% on ps3 according to psnprofiles.

Yes Vita is harder, as controls not as good imo and this makes the VR missions awkward.  I think rarity is higher is because a lot of people started PS3 MGS2 before patch that works with transfarring and the VR missions not the sort of thing want to do twice.

The Vita game was also on PS+ so maybe people not MGS fans tried it and didn't play it much, increasing the rarity.

I got Vita plat by transfarring, though it required a run through of the main game once.

ok thanks. I will still try it out sometime when there is a lame PS+ month (which is rare, but does eventually come)

edit: well if the rumours are true, next month is lame for vita lol....

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/02/14/rumor-march-2014-playstation-plus-free-games-in-europe-include-dead-nation-on-ps4-tomb-raider-on-ps3/

Why is that everytime I want to platinum sound shapes I end up not even turning on my PS3? Seriously there is something wrong with it

Wow, it's been a while! Hope everyone is well! Just finished FF XIII! Lol