By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Arcturus said:
ghettoglamour said:
Arcturus said:
HideoK said:
PS4 in 15 days!

Arcturus, do you have plans to keep the trophy league going into PS4's generation?

I don't have any plans to stop updating the league. However, updating the league eats up most of the free time I have on Tuesdays. It currently takes about 2 hours to collection everyone's trophy information, generate the update, and post it. If possible, I'd like to get that down to about an hour, which would be much more managable.

The trophy league is long overdue for a clean up. There are many people who have removed themselves from the league PSN accounts that still remain in the leaderboard. There are also many people still in the league that haven't posted on this site in years. When I have some additional free time (and the will to do it) I'll go through the league and start the clean up. I suspect that will drop the league members down to around 100, which should be more manageable.

On a somewhat related note, there will be no update next week as I'll be out of town. The next update will be on November 12th.

How do you update everyone's trophies and generate the list?

I have to manually record everyone's trophy count (# of bronze, silver, gold, and platinum trophies) in a spreadsheet. I then have scripts that generate each list.

The most time consuming parts to gathering everyone's currenty trophy count, and when I see that they've earned a new platinum trophy, finding out which platinum trophy they have earned.

And how do you get everyone's trophy data and where do you get it from? If I may ask.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:

And how do you get everyone's trophy data and where do you get it from? If I may ask.

People add vgchartz1 or vgchartz2 to their PSN friends list. I then log into those PSN accounts via the playstation website, and view everyone's trophy data there.

Arcturus said:
ghettoglamour said:

People add vgchartz1 or vgchartz2 to their PSN friends list. I then log into those PSN accounts via the playstation website, and view everyone's trophy data there.

Wow really? And then how you get the data onto your spreadsheets and compare it to last week? I hope not manually.

I thought you have some kinda script like they use on those trophy sites like psnprofiles.

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
Arcturus said:
ghettoglamour said:

Wow really? And then how you get the data onto your spreadsheets and compare it to last week? I hope not manually.

I thought you have some kinda script like they use on those trophy sites like psnprofiles.

I manually type everything into the spreadsheet. It's not ideal, I know. Creating a script to scrap everyone's data off of a website is outside of my skill set :/

A few years ago FadeToOne made this awesome script for automatically collecting everyone's trophy info from the website, but Sony has made several updates to the site over the years and the script no longer works.

Arcturus said:
ghettoglamour said:
Arcturus said:
ghettoglamour said:

I manually type everything into the spreadsheet. It's not ideal, I know. Creating a script to scrap everyone's data off of a website is outside of my skill set :/

A few years ago FadeToOne made this awesome script for automatically collecting everyone's trophy info from the website, but Sony has made several updates to the site over the years and the script no longer works.

Wow that's very passionate from you if you do it that way. I'm a computer programmer myself but it's not really a hobby and I program completely different things from that, but maybe I can help? If you wanna pm me your old script maybe I can find out a solution? (Probably not though, don't hope anything )

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

I really need to get back to gaming. I think it has been almost 3 weeks since I picked up my controller to play. Bad part is that I keep adding games to my collection to play, the deals from the recent sale on PSN was too good to pass up on some games that I didn't have. I should be able to play some this week (hopefully). I'm still working on Saints Row 3.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

Thanks for the update Arcturus, your work is very much appreciated.

I'm slowly moving up the field, one day I will be in the top half *insert evil laugh*.

Seriously Arc props to u. That is a lot of work. Thanks

Since joining thie league I have gone from level 14 to 21 in about a years and a half. This league keeps me motivated lol.

I am working through my backlog now hope to finish up NFS Hot Pursuit and Alice Madness Returns soon. Still plan on trying to finish plats on ME2, Enslaved, Bayonetta, and Heavy Rain. Will also still buy Beyond, and Puppeteer, than I am moving on to next gen.

Indeed, thanks for your hard work, Arcturus. I was about to say that most of the people in the list are not active. Quite a few people right above me and below me don't get any new trophies. Cleaning them up would make the process much easier for you.

Arcturus said:

I really do need to revisit that.  All these trophy sites are pulling their data from somewhere, so it has to be possible.