By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Esquoret said:
HideoK said:
Esquoret said:
Thanks for the first 2013 update!
Hope we all have a good PS3 gaming year - before the likely release of PS4 in 2014.

I think 2013 will be the final & best year yet for PS3 gaming. The first 6 months of the year is stacked with awesome games! Perhaps the reason for all these games being realeased in the first 6 months is to beat the arrival of the PS4. My guess is Sony will aim to release PS4 in Q4 of 2013 around the same time as the next Xbox. Whether manufacturing will allow that remains to be seen.

I heard Sony will support the PS3 through 2014/15. I'm not familiar with transitions, but does that mean there will be a few years when there will be games released with both PS3 and PS4 versions?

Yeah it does seem PS4 is coming soon to closely match the Xbox 720 release - it'll be an exciting race from there. That'll be nice, though I'd probably still wait at least a year til purchase, since I'd need time to clear my backlog from this generation too!

From my experience with transitions from PS1 to PS2 and PS2 to PS3 its usually just the stragglers or games that get delayed that get released later on the older console. Pretty much all of the bigger games go to the new system only and you just continue to see sports games on the old console. But with this transition it could be different of Sony's pledged support and because the WiiU is closer in power to PS3/360 so we could see a lot more games ported down from PS4 1080p graphics to 720p graphics to support the older consoles. I think in the past there was too big of a technological leap from PS1 to PS2 and PS2 to PS3 for a port to make sense. Then again programming for the cell processor vs the new rumored integrated AMD processor might make that more difficult than its worth. But I think with the 70 million + PS3 install base the effort is justified.

Thinking back to past transitions the only PS1 game I remember playing after the PS2 came out was Final Fantasy IX. I actually played it on PS2 with the faster loading & smoothing filter turning on. And after I got a PS3 I played God of War II which released afterwards, I continued Final Fantasy XII because it launched shortly before, and I played Resident Evil 4 again on PS3 with the backwards compatibility. That was all before PS3 really picked up steam with new games so I didn't have much to play. Only got Resistance at launch and then Fight Night Round 3 in December. I think my third game was Heavenly Sword.

Around the Network

From the rumors I've read the PS4 launch should be big. In the article I posted yesterday it mentioned a couple companies that we haven't heard from in a while who are working on things. IMO, if Uncharted 4 is a launch title then the system is a must own day one! But if the launch lineup is as weak as the PS3 was then I can wait.

Here's a quote from the article in case you didn't read it.

"so many of Sony’s first party studios are working on a next gen game, and most of them have been doing so for quite a while. Guerrilla Games have been developing their new IP for at least 2 years. Sony Santa Monica began work on a new IP after GOW III shipped in 2010 (with Stig Asmussen involvedvehicular combatshooting and magic). The Uncharted 3 team presumably began development on Uncharted 4 since their game shipped in 2011. Sucker Punch have an action game that’s been in development since at least 2011. Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo 6 has been in the works since 2010. Zindagi hastheir Move/PS SuperEye game for 2013. Giant Sparrow still has 2 more PS exclusives promised. Evolution Studios has a large scale racer in development, presumably Motorstorm, and possibly WipEout as well. And then there’s all the smaller developers, the new 2nd party deals, Sony’s Japanese studios, London Studio and Media Molecule’s prototypes while they finish Tearaway."

Tbone said:

@Hideok

see this ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-space-3/achievements/

Sweet! I wonder what classic mode and pure survival mode will entail.

HideoK said:
Tbone said:

@Hideok

see this ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-space-3/achievements/

Sweet! I wonder what classic mode and pure survival mode will entail.

In pure survival mode you get shocked in real each time you die in game.

Call it extra motivation to live ;)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

SnakeDrake said:
My first trophy of the year is called Rich (from Mass Effect).

Is this a sign of things ahead

My very first trophy was the birth of an assassin from assassins creed 2, top that

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
SnakeDrake said:
@Arcturus cant see my name on the 2012 list T_T

Did you join the league mid-way through the 2012 season? I don't usually include users who join mid-season, unless they specifically request to be on the list. I could update the list to include you if you like? Just remind my around when you joined the league.

I joined in April, I would like it very much to see my progress on 2012. 

"Please"

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

small recommendation
for the final Trophy League Season for each year instead of the previous rank column saying what the rank was the month before have it say the prior year

SnakeDrake said:
Arcturus said:
SnakeDrake said:
@Arcturus cant see my name on the 2012 list T_T

Did you join the league mid-way through the 2012 season? I don't usually include users who join mid-season, unless they specifically request to be on the list. I could update the list to include you if you like? Just remind my around when you joined the league.

I joined in April, I would like it very much to see my progress on 2012. 

"Please"

Done. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4416786

You placed 47th. Pretty good considering that your score includes only 8 1/2 months worth of trophy hunting time.

Wonktonodi said:
small recommendation
for the final Trophy League Season for each year instead of the previous rank column saying what the rank was the month before have it say the prior year

Good idea. I'll put sometime together when I have a bit of time.

Arcturus said:
Wonktonodi said:
small recommendation

Good idea. I'll put sometime together when I have a bit of time.

awesome thanks!