By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

awww you edited it just because of my comment :p

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
awww you edited it just because of my comment :p

I've actually been meaning to update the thread title for months. The first post in this thread was updated a few months back refering to the league as the VGChartz Playstation Trophy League. I've also been refering the main leaderboard as VGChartz Playstation Trophy Leaderboard ( or League) for a while now.

Sony to Support PS3 Until at least 2015
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/24/sony-to-support-ps3-until-at-least-2015

HideoK said:
Sony to Support PS3 Until at least 2015
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/24/sony-to-support-ps3-until-at-least-2015

Sounds good! PS3's still got plenty of steam left, indeed.

It's been the best-selling console in Australia this year so far.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

I think I'm going to cancel my Resident Evil 6 pre-order after playing the demo. Gosh they really ruined the game... its just controls so poorly. It has an obnoxious camera, melee is too overpowered, graphics are bad, too dark and poorly textured. The only thing I found any enjoyment with was the cutscenes and maybe the first time I shot a zombie in the head :(

Edit: I think the camera is too close up so it effects your field of view and makes it so your always bumping into things. The tripping over zombie corpses was annoying too.

Around the Network
HideoK said:
Arcturus said:
HideoK said:
Thanks for the update Arc. I haven't seen a recent platinum list 36 games long in a while. Even if you divide that by 2, the league sure was busy gaming these past 2 weeks. I think the average is usually around 10 a week.

Yeah, the average is usual about 10-12 platinum trophies per week.

Having to find out which platinum each person earned can be so time consuming. It doesn't help that I have to check many sources to get this information. Viewing trophies via my PS3 does provide Vita trophy information. Viewing trophies on the US Playstation site doesn't show all games (I have no idea why). psnprofiles.com can be very helpful, but they only update profiles once a week. The UK Playstation site provides a complete view of peoples trophy information, however you can't sort by most recently played games. So for users with 50+ platinums, it can be tough searching through their entire trophy log trying to find their most recent platinum.

Yeah you really do put so much work into the league. That stinks that you can't get the info all in one place :/

Have you thought about how long you will keep the league going? Maybe end it once the PS4 comes out?

I haven't really given much thought to how long I would keep the league running for. For now, as long as I have the free time to update the league each week, it will continue.

DareDareCaro said:
dj2one said:
DareDareCaro said:
dj2one said:
Wow I am interested to see the busiest members list once this is updated. I am at almost 350 point since the last update might be up there with the big boys this time. Should be done Resistance Burnin Skies tonight will be my fourth plat since the last update and almost done Bioshock 2 which would be 5.

Working on Spec ops the Line as well got the fubar difficulty to go which I have hear is real tough.

I just quit the plat on Spec Ops because of FUBAR.  It's pretty hard but that's not the real problem.  The gameplay (cover system) can get really frustrating and the loading times...  In some places you will play 10 seconds then die then waits for 1 minute looking at the loading screen.  After 20 rounds into that cycle, I quitted.

How many chapters in were you when you quit? I didnt have any probs with suicide mission difficulty at all until chap 13 than breezed through chap 14 I cant see myself quitting if I get that far again before hitting a wall.

Just like you, I didn't have any problem on suicide except the 2 parts in chapter 13.  Fubar is an other thing.  You will die frequently in 1 or 2 shots.  I quit in chapter 6.  It's doable but I got really bored with the loading times...  I was simply not enjoying it.  I hate to quit but when I do not have fun anymore with a game I prefer to hop on another one.

Check this out for the lol:

Rage Quit - Spec Ops: The Line - YouTube

I finished up the plat on Spec Ops last night, some parts were really frustrating but the check point system is pretty good and I would just take some time off if I got stuck on anything. Basically got through the whole campaign with out too many deaths and  got through the one part in chap 13 that was my problem in suicide mission difficulty (the heavy coming out of the crashed plane along with like 20 other elite guys) after only 3 or 4 tries.

I got caught up at different places in fubar chap 13 and 14 more grenade spam and the heavy gun in chap 14 would kill you in one shot which made the last section very hard. I was only ready to rage acouple times lol.

congrats

HideoK said:

I think I'm going to cancel my Resident Evil 6 pre-order after playing the demo. Gosh they really ruined the game... its just controls so poorly. It has an obnoxious camera, melee is too overpowered, graphics are bad, too dark and poorly textured. The only thing I found any enjoyment with was the cutscenes and maybe the first time I shot a zombie in the head :(

Edit: I think the camera is too close up so it effects your field of view and makes it so your always bumping into things. The tripping over zombie corpses was annoying too.

Cancelled mine as well

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

KylieDog said:
FOr those really annoying by the delays of The Walking Dead episodes...how about another kick in the teeth? Getting a disc release, quite possibly before the episodes even get release digitally with the season sub: http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-7889-The-Walking-Dead-Season-Coming-on-Disc-This-December.html

I suggest getting the comics while waiting, I've read the first 2 on my kindle fire and they are good.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !