By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Ail said:
fadetoone said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Got Borderlands 2 yesterday and playing through it now. It doesn't look too hard from the trophy list, but the game does seem to feel a bit more challenging than the first. I have died about 4-5 times already now, although I am playing solo and have only gotten to level 13 on my Siren.

Grrr... I'd sure like to play mine but Best Buy's shipping is completely useless.  My copy has apparently been sitting at the Post Office since Monday and they didn't deliver it today either.  Obviously you could say "well you should have done in store pickup!" but apparently the people that did that had a messy experience too...

Amazon shipped my copy Monday and it got here on Tuesday, release day as promised by Amazon..

Ordered it from Best Buy with express shipping and got it on release day as promised, as well.

Around the Network
fadetoone said:
Ail said:

Amazon shipped my copy Monday and it got here on Tuesday, release day as promised by Amazon..

Yeah, I opted for the $20 back from Best Buy as opposed to the $10 back from Amazon.  Get what you pay for, I guess...

After years of being a faithfull of Best Buy I have totally stopped to purchase at their store...

Their inventories gets worse by the month and their staff is less and less helpfull..

The last 2 things I tried to buy at Best Buy are a game of thrones Blu ray and Madden 13.

Both times it was on release week, both time somehow they had managed to sell their whole inventory and be sold out of the biggest release of the week.

I ended up getting game of Thrones on Amazon and Madden 13 at the next door Wall Mart that had 20 copies...

Otherwise Amazon is not necessary cheaper( it is cheaper for old titles, not necessary for new ones) but I have an Amazon visa reward and if I don't get my games there for free with my points , I'm not sure what I would spend the points on....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Anyone want to work together on some online multi-player preferably anything older than 3 months since I have not been shopping much unless it is a PSN game

Arcturus said:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 - Platinum Trophy Holders

Ajescent
mattbfg

Damn you Matt! I wanted to be the only one with the Pro Evo Plat ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
Arcturus said:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 - Platinum Trophy Holders

Ajescent
mattbfg

Damn you Matt! I wanted to be the only one with the Pro Evo Plat ¬_¬

Aww, too bad... now you're *both* boring! :D

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
cmeese47 said:
Anyone want to work together on some online multi-player preferably anything older than 3 months since I have not been shopping much unless it is a PSN game

List some games? 

Dead Nation, Payday, Battlefield 2 or 3, COD BO or COD 3, Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Mod Nation Racers, NBA Jam On Fire Edition to start with.

Arcturus said:
HideoK said:
Thanks for the update Arc. I haven't seen a recent platinum list 36 games long in a while. Even if you divide that by 2, the league sure was busy gaming these past 2 weeks. I think the average is usually around 10 a week.

Yeah, the average is usual about 10-12 platinum trophies per week.

Having to find out which platinum each person earned can be so time consuming. It doesn't help that I have to check many sources to get this information. Viewing trophies via my PS3 does provide Vita trophy information. Viewing trophies on the US Playstation site doesn't show all games (I have no idea why). psnprofiles.com can be very helpful, but they only update profiles once a week. The UK Playstation site provides a complete view of peoples trophy information, however you can't sort by most recently played games. So for users with 50+ platinums, it can be tough searching through their entire trophy log trying to find their most recent platinum.

Yeah you really do put so much work into the league. That stinks that you can't get the info all in one place :/

Have you thought about how long you will keep the league going? Maybe end it once the PS4 comes out?

Then again after writing that ^ I run into this article:
PS3 to Have More First-Party Games Next Year, “an Incredible Lineup” Over the “Next 2-3 Years”
Looks like they really are aiming for the 10 year life cycle.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/09/20/ps3-to-have-more-first-party-games-next-year-an-incredible-lineup-over-the-next-2-3-years/

HideoK said:
Arcturus said:
HideoK said:
Thanks for the update Arc. I haven't seen a recent platinum list 36 games long in a while. Even if you divide that by 2, the league sure was busy gaming these past 2 weeks. I think the average is usually around 10 a week.

Yeah, the average is usual about 10-12 platinum trophies per week.

Having to find out which platinum each person earned can be so time consuming. It doesn't help that I have to check many sources to get this information. Viewing trophies via my PS3 does provide Vita trophy information. Viewing trophies on the US Playstation site doesn't show all games (I have no idea why). psnprofiles.com can be very helpful, but they only update profiles once a week. The UK Playstation site provides a complete view of peoples trophy information, however you can't sort by most recently played games. So for users with 50+ platinums, it can be tough searching through their entire trophy log trying to find their most recent platinum.

Yeah you really do put so much work into the league. That stinks that you can't get the info all in one place :/

Have you thought about how long you will keep the league going? Maybe end it once the PS4 comes out?

I woudn't be surprised if PS4 PSN includes PS3 trophies so I don't think you will be able to separate between trophies earned on either platform..

It will probably be the same for the Xbox and achievements. I think a lot of players would be mad if their count was reset to zero...

On a personal note I know I won't purchase the PS4 the first year it releases and will take advantage of that year to clear my PS3 backlog....

It's not even a money issue, the main thing is that I am not really looking forward to the next gen and I am perfectly happy with this gen games...

The only thing that could entice me to buy a PS4 earlier would be full support of PS3 games and an improved full digital PSN allowing purchase of old PS3 titles digitally..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

is this the biggest thread on forum?