By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Arcturus said:
I started playing Dungeon Defenders a few days ago. At first I attempted to play the levels by myself to learn the basics. After attempting the second level about 5 times and not being able to complete the last wave, I starting playing online with others. It's much easier to progress through the levels when you have a team of 3 or 4.

After playing in a few different online games with others, I ran into an unusual game design choice. Turns out other players can sell towers that you've placed. In the build phase before the start of the last wave, one guy went around the map and sold everyone's towers and then left the game. We couldn't replace all of the towers we had up previously, so we lost.

To those that have played Dungeon Defenders, is this kind of BS common?

Wow I would just lose it if that happened to me.  It's such a jerk move that it's kind of funny, though.  Why would they make it so others can sell your towers?

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
So from the games I have and games Im waiting to come looks like I have some easy platinums(Assasins creed 2, uncharted 3 and good of war collection) and some hard (Final Fantasy 13 and Star Ocean 4 International), the retail games on the PSN have platinums right?

Good luck with this one. 500 hours if u wanna get platinum. It would make u the first achiever on the league though :)

Tbone said:
MANUELF said:
So from the games I have and games Im waiting to come looks like I have some easy platinums(Assasins creed 2, uncharted 3 and good of war collection) and some hard (Final Fantasy 13 and Star Ocean 4 International), the retail games on the PSN have platinums right?

Good luck with this one. 500 hours if u wanna get platinum. It would make u the first achiever on the league though :)

Yeah, that's one monster that I haven't even attempted to try and master yet. I think I have four games in my collection right now that take at least 300 hours to platinum (Mortal Kombat, SO4, WKC2 and GT5; I already got platinum on WKC1).

Here's one for all the folks interested in Mass Effect 3:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Mass-Effect-3-Pre-Order-Bonus/td-p/448605

MasterVG71782 said:
Tbone said:
MANUELF said:

Yeah, that's one monster that I haven't even attempted to try and master yet. I think I have four games in my collection right now that take at least 300 hours to platinum (Mortal Kombat, SO4, WKC2 and GT5; I already got platinum on WKC1).

The time isn't even the only issue with SO4, some of the challenge you only get one or two shot and then it's done ( like beating the Ethereal Queen in under 10 min, each time you kill her she becomes more powerfull for the next encounter so you better get her under 10 min the first time..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
fadetoone said:
Ail said:
At this rhythm i'm going to pulverize my resolution to read 52 novels in 2012...
It's not the end of January and I am already up to 11 novels read.. These last two weeks I have actually spent more time reading than gaming. No clue why I'm just in the mood to read and now that I have my whole music collection on amazon cloud player it's really nice to read on my kindle fire and listen to my music at the same time with the same device...

You can read at the same time as listening to music and not get mind-fucked by that?  That reminds me of trying to read textbooks for college when the TV was on and retaining none of it.

Music isn't tv ;)

It's less distracting.

besides I'm mostly listening to oldU U2 songs, Genesis or the Cranberries ( all stuff that is 12 to 30 years old).

maximus22 said:
Arcturus said:
I started playing Dungeon Defenders a few days ago. At first I attempted to play the levels by myself to learn the basics. After attempting the second level about 5 times and not being able to complete the last wave, I starting playing online with others. It's much easier to progress through the levels when you have a team of 3 or 4.

After playing in a few different online games with others, I ran into an unusual game design choice. Turns out other players can sell towers that you've placed. In the build phase before the start of the last wave, one guy went around the map and sold everyone's towers and then left the game. We couldn't replace all of the towers we had up previously, so we lost.

Wow I would just lose it if that happened to me.  It's such a jerk move that it's kind of funny, though.  Why would they make it so others can sell your towers?

so they can drop their own. 

I have been in several games where my squire was actually a lot better than the one of the hosting player so it would have made sense to replace his defenses with mine ..

Ail said:
maximus22 said:
Arcturus said:

so they can drop their own. 

I have been in several games where my squire was actually a lot better than the one of the hosting player so it would have made sense to replace his defenses with mine ..

Yeah, but it opens up a whole can of griefing for idiots like Arc mentioned. I can definitely see the point, though, because playing with 2-4 players makes your towers open to all kinds of punishment, since there are a lot more monsters to fight.

Finished up Rochard and Max & the Magic Marker, both were fun and easy trophy games!

Not quite sure what I will play next so I guess I'll just go back to Uncharted 3 multiplayer for the time being.

Been playing AC Revelations DLC online and a couple of the trophies are not so easy to get.
Weirdly enough though, some of the stuff that was almost impossible to get in AC Brotherhood is rather easier in this version ( like I got extreme variety by accident in one game).
Anyway I'm not sure I will be able to get AC Revelations back to 100% ;(