By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Tbone said:

Dmc HD collection achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/devil-may-cry-hd-collection/achievements/

looks quite tough. I seriously hope the 9000 floors isn´t like Dmc4 because it took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete 101 floors in one sitting.

I'm only assuming that Microsoft has some stupid rule in place that doesn't allow a collection like this to allow three separate lists like Sony allows? If they keep the same lists for each game for the PS3 version, DMC doesn't look too bad, although I never did try Dante Must Die mode. For DMC2, passing 9000 floors of Bloody Palace better be cumulative; otherwise, the list isn't bad at all. For DMC3, the real killer looks to be the Bloody Palace completion one.

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:
Tbone said:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/devil-may-cry-hd-collection/achievements/

looks quite tough. I seriously hope the 9000 floors isn´t like Dmc4 because it took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete 101 floors in one sitting.

I'm only assuming that Microsoft has some stupid rule in place that doesn't allow a collection like this to allow three separate lists like Sony allows? If they keep the same lists for each game for the PS3 version, DMC doesn't look too bad, although I never did try Dante Must Die mode. For DMC2, passing 9000 floors of Bloody Palace better be cumulative; otherwise, the list isn't bad at all. For DMC3, the real killer looks to be the Bloody Palace completion one.

Relatively easy compared to DMC4 achievements...( although DMC3 DMD is supposedly a lot harder than DMC4 DMD).

Most likely 3-4 stars with DMC3 being a 4 stars...

The think is I mostly know DMC4 and my feeling is that Nero made DMC4 a lot easier than the others DMC..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

KylieDog said:
Ail said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Tbone said:

Relatively easy compared to DMC4 achievements...( although DMC3 DMD is supposedly a lot harder than DMC4 DMD).

Those achievements are all for one completion, so for trophies you need do all that stuff for all three games for just one platinum trophy.

Nah, for 360's MGS HD Collection, they had MGS 2 and 3 in one achievement list, with Peace Walker having its own list (don't know why it), while each game had its own trophy list and platinum. I'm guessing the same is true with this collection, so we'll be looking at three lists with platinums for each of them.

KylieDog said:
Ail said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Tbone said:

Those achievements are all for one completion, so for trophies you need do all that stuff for all three games for just one platinum trophy.

That seems doubtfull to me, that would prevent Capcom to sell the games separatly at a later date on the PSN..

MasterVG71782 said:

Nah, for 360's MGS HD Collection, they had MGS 2 and 3 in one achievement list, with Peace Walker having its own list (don't know why it)

I think it was because Peace Walker was sold separately in Japan.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Ail said:
KylieDog said:

That seems doubtfull to me, that would prevent Capcom to sell the games separatly at a later date on the PSN..

Maybe it is a Mircrosoft thing limiting a 1000 achievement score.  Looking at the MGS Collection on the site MGS2 and MGS3 only have a 500 score each and they are combined like DMC Collection.  Obviously the MGS Collection on PS3 has separate platinums though.  Maybe DMC will too...but this is Capcom and they screwed the Resident Evil HD collection up majorly.

One thing to note too is that they list 99 achievements.

Even if they all translated as bronze trophies, 99 bronze is 99 pts + 1 platinum = 111.

That is way past the 82 or so pt per platinum game that PSN has..

Just got the superhuman trophy left to do on Resistance 3, upto chapter 4 with no problems, are there any real sticking points later on?, kind of moved on to crysis already just for something a bit different but i will get it done eventually.

I started playing Dungeon Defenders a few days ago. At first I attempted to play the levels by myself to learn the basics. After attempting the second level about 5 times and not being able to complete the last wave, I starting playing online with others. It's much easier to progress through the levels when you have a team of 3 or 4.

After playing in a few different online games with others, I ran into an unusual game design choice. Turns out other players can sell towers that you've placed. In the build phase before the start of the last wave, one guy went around the map and sold everyone's towers and then left the game. We couldn't replace all of the towers we had up previously, so we lost.

To those that have played Dungeon Defenders, is this kind of BS common?

Arcturus said:
I started playing Dungeon Defenders a few days ago. At first I attempted to play the levels by myself to learn the basics. After attempting the second level about 5 times and not being able to complete the last wave, I starting playing online with others. It's much easier to progress through the levels when you have a team of 3 or 4.

After playing in a few different online games with others, I ran into an unusual game design choice. Turns out other players can sell towers that you've placed. In the build phase before the start of the last wave, one guy went around the map and sold everyone's towers and then left the game. We couldn't replace all of the towers we had up previously, so we lost.

I guess it's to be expected, since you're going to find some kind of idiots on any online game. I think I have only played one mission (a challenge one to get a very nice weapon for my Huntress) online, so I don't really know as I play offline all the time.

Also, Arc, you might want to build up a Tower Squire first (basically split your points with Tower Health and Tower Damage every level up until they're both at 70 with no equip, then you could probably go with Tower Attack Rate, Hero Speed or Casting Speed, and Tower Range), which is going to be a great basis to do a lot of things. I started with an Apprentice and wasn't really getting anywhere, so that's why I went with a Squire, then went with a Huntress to switch to after all my towers are set in place (pure DPS, so Hero Damage and her second skill come first, with the rest in Health, Speed and Casting Speed).

Arcturus said:

never had it happened to me.

I have had a few games where I was helping a dude setup the defenses and he kicked me out so now when I join I just drop crystals next to the host character and let him set up his stuff...

What is more common is joining a game and getting kicked as soon as you join, which I don't understand. If you don't want people joining, don't make your game public...

But generally I have found the community to be friendly. Granted I only ever joined games on insane so I don't know how things are on the easier difficulties..