By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

The PSN Amy comes out next week. Haven't been many great survival horror games this generation so I'm hoping its scary!

What are your guys favorite survival horror games? Any from this gen?
A couple of my all time favorites would have to be System Shock 2, Fatal Frame 2, Eternal Darkness, The Suffering, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 1-3, and F.E.A.R.

On PS3 I found the following games scary (playing with the lights out of course): Siren Blood Curse, Condemned 2, Dead Space 1, Bioshock and F.E.A.R. 2 thanks to the ghost scenes and music/sound effects during those moments. Ghosts really creep me out and combined with the music & sfx it would make my hair stand on end. Dead Space 1 audio also made me jump a lot, but in a different way. It was usually just from a sudden audio conversation. There would be silence as I'm walking down an empty hallway then the Sgt yells "ISAIC" over an audio transmission to tell you something is happening. It was dead silent followed by such a loud transmission. Peter Mensah was awesome as Sgt. Zach Hammond. I missed his presence in Dead Space 2. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267296/

Around the Network

Amy
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138517

I haven't played many Survival Horror games outside of the Resident Evil series (IMO Biohazard is a much better name). I've only played Silent Hill and SH: Shattered Memories.

So, of my limited experience, RE 2 was the best. Yes the acting was still cheesy which really takes some of the scare out of it, but the enemies were still pretty wicked and scary and the gameplay itself was just awesome for the time (still is...I don't mind the tank controls).

I'll check out Amy. SH3 involved knowledge of Shakespeare?!?!?! Dang, count me in! Sounds awesome. I hope that's in the SH Collection I preordered

@KylieDog & EncodedNubble
Thanks guys. Yeah I really wanted to play Alan Wake, but since its 360 only I'll have to wait for the PC version. And I always heard good things about Silent Hill 3, but for some reason never played it. I only played Silent Hill 1 & 2. That damn Pyramid Head scarred the crap out of me in SH2! Silent Hill Downpour on PS3 has my attention too.

I remember when I first played RE1 as a kid it was too scary and difficult for me so I temporarily skipped it & RE2 until I got a little older and picked up Nemesis. RE3 was the first Resident Evil game I was able to complete and man it was intense! I remember running from the Nemesis as he chased you from room to room, and just when you thought you were safe he breaks through a wall to continue his pursuit and shoots a rocket launcher at you! I only ever felt truly safe in save game typewriter rooms...
After RE3, I went back and played RE1 & RE2 on PS1. Played the RE1 remake on Gamecube too.

Meanwhile System Shock 2 provided another type of scare for me (a psychological one) from the moment a robot worker asked me if he could help me and then proceded to try to kill me! I didn't trust anyone after that. The voice acting and sound effects for enemies were so well done at the time. I wonder if GLaDOS from Portal was inspired by SHODAN from system shock. And for anyone that doesn't know: Bioshock was the spiritual successor to System Shock. There a few similarities, you even had plasmid like weapons in System Shock except it took place in deep space instead of the deep sea, underwater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2

Around the Network

Report Both New Xbox & PS4 will be show at E3 this year.

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1215948p1.html

Ail said:

5th for the year, not bad.( doubt I do as well in 2012)
Never going to get back top rank in platinum league if Dark Odin keeps churning platinum like that...

Not bad, managed to finish in top 10 at #9.

Thanks for the update Arcuturs!

Arcturus ,have you decided yet when the Vita arrives to assimilate it's trophies into the league, making it the Playstation league with no distinction between platforms , or are you looking at say incorporating a separate table for vita plus a combined PS3/vita table into the existing format.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Arcturus ,have you decided yet when the Vita arrives to assimilate it's trophies into the league, making it the Playstation league with no distinction between platforms , or are you looking at say incorporating a separate table for vita plus a combined PS3/vita table into the existing format.

From what I've read and seen so far, PS3 and Vita trophies for a PSN account roll into the same total. It doesn't look like you can view the trophy totals for PS3 and Vita separately. If that's true, then I wouldn't be able to create separate tables for PS3 and Vita. There would just be one table that includes both.

@kyliedog thanks for the tip on battlefield 3 should hopefully get them as I go to lvl 45 took sometime to find how to actually achieve them.