By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

zuvuyeay said:
Yaaaay,finally back in the game,i bought a 160 gb yesterday for £190,it came with batman AC,it was the cheapest i could get in my town,my PC broke again and i couldn't handle being machine less any longer,

man they are like a small cheap piece of plastic,lol,not like my old 60gb which is like a big old american car

i'll play batman for a bit,only played a bit of the 1st one on a friends xbox,

skyrim,dark souls,war in the north,on the run,saints row are on my list of new games but doubt i can afford them right now,dark souls was still £40,i was hoping it would be £20 somewhere

If I can get my aunt to give me the $100 Best Buy gift card she has (she never buys anything at Best Buy, pretty much), then I should be able to get a new PS3 within a week or two, but I doubt she will. Otherwise, I'll probably have to wait until the end of the month to get one.

Around the Network

Wow a lot of people got Uncharted 3 platinum first week. I think I got Uncharted 2 plat 1st week, but I didn't have time to play Crushing to plat Uncharted 3 on week 1.

@Esquoret - Congrats on being 1st to platinum Arkham City!

@Arcturus - Awesome sense of humor on that MGS2 trophy. I laughed so hard when I learned about that easter egg.

@KylieDog and Xenostar - looks like you'll be passing me on the overall leaderboard very soon. Maybe I can at least hold Xenostar off until the end of the year

Might have to pick up the MGS collection soon. Never played Peace Walker.

MasterVG71782 said:
zuvuyeay said:
Yaaaay,finally back in the game,i bought a 160 gb yesterday for £190,it came with batman AC,it was the cheapest i could get in my town,my PC broke again and i couldn't handle being machine less any longer,

man they are like a small cheap piece of plastic,lol,not like my old 60gb which is like a big old american car

i'll play batman for a bit,only played a bit of the 1st one on a friends xbox,

skyrim,dark souls,war in the north,on the run,saints row are on my list of new games but doubt i can afford them right now,dark souls was still £40,i was hoping it would be £20 somewhere

If I can get my aunt to give me the $100 Best Buy gift card she has (she never buys anything at Best Buy, pretty much), then I should be able to get a new PS3 within a week or two, but I doubt she will. Otherwise, I'll probably have to wait until the end of the month to get one.

well hope you get one soon,i actually miss mulling around psn,just got back for half price sam and max,lol i wish we had gift cards,i'd really like to get skyrim and war in the north,i demand some co-oping when you are back i wanted to wait for the silver/white PS3's with 2 controllers which arrived this week in my shop but i only had £200 spare so it wasn't enough

Above & Beyond

MasterVG71782 said:

Bunch of deals on the Uncharted 3 bundle... I've seen several things for this week I think, like get a free $60 game of your choice with purchase, and I think Target has a $50 gift card with purchase next week.

Looks like Amazon has a $50 credit with the 160 gigger this week.

Around the Network

Shadow of the Colossus is an overated big steaming turd of a game.

Here's a synopsis if you've never played:

1. Use your sword to show you the direction to go, as you ride an obnoxious horse around a large expanse of boring terrain with no enemies on it.
2. Find the colossus
3. Figure out what obnoxious means is required to climb said colossus
4. Find the colossus' weak points to stab with your sword
5. Hang on for dear life as the colossus flails around for five minutes, giving you a window of a split second to stab the weak points
6. Probably get knocked off every so often and climb the colossus again
7. Repeat 16 times for 16 different colossi

The only exception to this is the even more obnoxious final colossus, which you'll probably fall off a couple dozen times. I even had the entire health bar drained, but had to try getting back up 5 more times because he apparently had a sliver of health left.

The only highlight of the game was watching the horse die.

Seriously, it's not often that I feel like I paid too much for a game, but the 15 bucks I spent on this collection was too much since ICO was just as boring and only lasted about 3 hours.

Edit:  WTF, the horse isn't dead?!?  There goes the only saving grace this game had!

Got my Dark Souls platinum :)
Next is Dungeon Siege 3 DLC, start Uncharted 3 and then sadly leave satursday for a 8 days business trip to Europe...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

fadetoone said:

1. Use your sword to show you the direction to go, as you ride an obnoxious horse around a large expanse of boring terrain with no enemies on it.
2. Find the colossus
5. Hang on for dear life as the colossus flails around for five minutes, giving you a window of a split second to stab the weak points

The only exception to this is the even more obnoxious final colossus, which you'll probably fall off a couple dozen times. I even had the entire health bar drained, but had to try getting back up 5 more times because he apparently had a sliver of health left.

Seriously, it's not often that I feel like I paid too much for a game, but the 15 bucks I spent on this collection was too much since ICO was just as boring and only lasted about 3 hours.

Edit:  WTF, the horse isn't dead?!?  There goes the only saving grace this game had!

That sounds awful. I never played it, but I thought it's meant to be quite a class ic game... Are you doing it wrong? LOL~

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Esquoret said:
fadetoone said:

2. Find the colossus

That sounds awful. I never played it, but I thought it's meant to be quite a class ic game... Are you doing it wrong? LOL~

I think the atmosphere the game gives off is one of the key points to people loving the game, as well as the sense of scale when fighting the Colossi. I've never played it myself, so I can't give an opinion.

MasterVG71782 said:
Esquoret said:

I think the atmosphere the game gives off is one of the key points to people loving the game, as well as the sense of scale when fighting the Colossi. I've never played it myself, so I can't give an opinion.

If you've ever played Castlevania Lords of Shadow, it's essentially like the titan boss fights.  Except in Castlevania, there's time to hit the weak spots.