By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

HideoK said:
Ail said:
mattbfg said:
@hideok I feel ur pain lol me and my gf got are first place 2 months ago and getting a good play with mistress ps3 is very tough, I usually get d chance if she has a bath or has work part from that ur doomed

Basically we have friday evening and satursday as family time and the rest I can play all I want !

Sweet deal Ail. I need to figure out how to draw the line... unfortunately she's not much into videogames so I might be doomed!! Biggest problem about this whole situation is she doesn't know how much I like to game. Kind of kept it a secret... I've only told her that I like to play videogames. Never mentioned EXACTLY how MUCH. Well, I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for the advice.

big mistake !

I met my wife in an MMORPG so she knew from the start :)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Thanks Arcturus for the update!

Slowly working on EDF.

I think 100 hours for plat was a serious understatement.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Well finally got Hot Pursuit Platinum, and out of all my friends on PSN i have the fastest time on the Ultimate Road Car Challenge, youll have to try a bit harder HideoK :P

Wow... I thought working was gonna cut down on my gaming time, but I guess having a live-in gf is the real killer.

And good luck, Hideo, that sounds like a super tough situation. Luckily my gf knows exactly how gaming addicted I am, and I guess I'm even luckier still she tolerates it. Though I have to say Ail has the best deal here.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

HideoK said:
New girlfriend just moved in a week ago and my videogame playing time has dropped 1000%.

How do you guys with wives/girlfriends manage it? Got any tips? lol

Your gaming time will drop, and there's not much you can do about it. Hopefully your girlfriend has a hobby or two that can occupy some of her time, which of course allows you time to game. You could also try playing some story driven games while she's around to see if she's interested in spectating :)

Around the Network

Just bought shift 2, found the limited Edition New for £20, clearly my need for speed has not been fulfilled, and i was sure it had.

When it comes to WifesGirlfriends if you want my advice first try to see it they will become gamers, find some more casual games or see if they will join in co op games like LBP, where failing is almost impossible. If it turns out they really dont like games, then just encourage there hobbies as much as possible to free up time for yours.

But don't for a second presume just cos there not complaining about the amount of time your gaming, that its not pissing them off, women seem to have the right to blow up whenever they like, leaving you dazed and confused. So make sure you spend at least a couple of night a week doing stuff with them, preferably away from the TV.

HideoK said:
New girlfriend just moved in a week ago and my videogame playing time has dropped 1000%.

How do you guys with wives/girlfriends manage it? Got any tips? lol

Dude, face it, you're screwed.  I've only found time lately because my girlfriend is either not home or is studying... and even then she's potentially calling me to ask something asinine or telling me I need to sit with her while she's studying (WTF?).  Just pray that your girlfriend isn't bipolar, or inclined to make crazy accusations like you play too many video games (as a hobby) while the irony that her hobby of shopping for expensive stuff blows your mind.

Finally, I got the platinum for Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes! It only took about 200 hours, too! It's been a while since I've gotten one, too (think 3 1/2 months), so it's nice to finally get a new one.

I started Earth Defense Force last night, which is a very fun game! I can see it being a very long and grindy platinum (similar to what Marcio said), since you need 500 total rounds of Survival mode, killing a bunch of enemies and a lot of other stuff.

Well it looks like my final trophy completion percentage for Borderlands will be 86%.
Just completing the secret armory of general Knoxx took me 5 days...
I'm left with the big tournaments in thunderdome which just take way too long to complete( some might be doable if I farmed Crawmerax for uber weapons) and some claptraps collectibles I am going to skip..
Still it was a very fun game...

Do not purchase Warhammer 40k Kill team on PSN !
The game does not work.
It goes into black screem at launch and nothing happens.
I'm not the only one with the issue but so far I haven't see any mention of a patch ( and like magic registration to the THQ forum is bugged, I guess they don't want more people complaining about it.......)