By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 DRM - Only redownload movies once

While we are on the topic of bitching about console movie purchases and rentals, why can't I just spend $2.99 to rent a movie on LIVE? Why must I spend $6.25 (tax included) on 500 MS points only to spend 280 and then not have enough for a later rental causing me to need to spend $6.25 all over again? That same $6.25 gets me 2 rentals on PSN. Sometimes even 3 if the movies are old.

Wants something to really complain about? Well here you go.

We should get a thread going about this. I would LOVE to hear peoples opinions on that one.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

lol calm down

DOATS1 said:
lol calm down

LOL. I can't, LIVE has a bigger movie rental selection right now and I would like to be able to use it without MS pinching each and every penny they can from me. The MS points system is ridiculous. Is it so hard to let us just use dollars/euros/etc...?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Kudos to whoever posted that you can actually buy movies off the PSN, unlike the 360.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

well i guess gebx learnt something new today.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Kudos to whoever posted that you can actually buy movies off the PSN, unlike the 360.

Well, I guess I could come out for a curtain call.

*Enjoys his standing ovation*

Currently playing:

@Euphoria14 you hit the nail exactly. Its just another way of how M$ (and every big corporation) tries to squeeze every last bit out of us. I have stopped using my XBox for about 3 months now but I can vaguely remember about 200 M$ points that I still have left on my account

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Euphoria14 said:
While we are on the topic of bitching about console movie purchases and rentals, why can't I just spend $2.99 to rent a movie on LIVE? Why must I spend $6.25 (tax included) on 500 MS points only to spend 280 and then not have enough for a later rental causing me to need to spend $6.25 all over again? That same $6.25 gets me 2 rentals on PSN. Sometimes even 3 if the movies are old.

Wants something to really complain about? Well here you go.

We should get a thread going about this. I would LOVE to hear peoples opinions on that one.

Win.

I was going to post a thread on that, but I decided not to stoop to that level.

If someone makes it, I'll gladly post in it, though.

shio said:
That's terrible, and some people complained to EA about Spore's DRM... PS3's DRM is far worse.

Sony only allows you to download a game 5 times?? Atleast in Spore you had unlimited installs.

actually you didn't have untimited installs.. also i've downloaded a few games more than 5 times. You can only have the games installed on 5 different machines at any one time. That's the actual limit.

Check out my game about moles ^

This news is fine for me: it shows the limits of DRM limited downloaded contents, as if DRM didn't put enough limitations on the contents you buy on physical media, with downloaded ones it's even worse.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!