By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Google Chrome!

So did anyone else make the switch and now use Google Chrome as their full time browser?  The speed is what sold me on it.

maybe Try it?

and what gives with Google coming out with a smart phone that runs an in house OS?

Thoughts? opinions?

Around the Network

I dont, it does not have live bookmarks and I prefer the awesome bar to google chrome's bar

Although i find the features/addons of firefox much much better.. i just can't go back to the slow speed, so i've stuck with chrome

I've been using Chrome a lot for casual browsing, etc. Not a total switch but I've been surprised how much I've been using it.

given the download link is smack on the front of the internet's most popular website I'll be curious to see what its uptake is over the next few months.

I wonder what would happen if google pushed their office suite right on the front page so highly?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Still using firefox. Haven't tried chrome.. heard both good and bad things about it.. i'll give it a go sometimes.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

I tried Chrome (because it's open-source). I was impressed by the speed and innovative UI and used it for a few days, but then I found out that it keylogs everything you type in the address bar and sends it to Google where they keep records on who browsed what. I know they do that with the search engine, but it does it even if you aren't using Google and are just typing in an address directly.

Also, they have yet to release a Linux build, so I can't use it day-to-day.

When Chromium (open-source core of Chrome) is at 1.0 and someone's made a build with that stripped out and for Linux, I'll use it.

--

I will get a mobile phone with Android (Google's Linux and Java based mobile OS). It looks like it will have all of the advantages of an iPhone, but cheaper, not tied to a single provider and of course open-source/free software.

Awesome browser but Firefox3 is still my favorite. Perhaps because I am used to it (and the awesomebar is feeling better.)

It's inferior in every way to Opera... you think Chrome is fast? try Opera. Now THAT is fast.

Im liking Chrome but

does anyone know if i can make the tables scale when i enlarge the text? Just like in FF3, since im kinda visually impared

I've said it before and I'll say it again: No RSS feeds support = No go for me.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!