By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - just traded in all my 360 stuff and got a 80gig ps3.

@ ROBOTECHHEAVEN

Great selection of fist picks!

If you like online shooters check out Warhawk and the add-on packs on the PSN, great game! If you like Asteroid clones, Super Stardust HD is IMO the best one ever created, if so IMO get the Solo add-on pack as well. Another awesome game available on the PSN.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
Cueil said:
hanafuda said:
Cueil said:
I could never do that... give up a system for another... that kind of stuff just baffles me... what's the point of giving up a system with more games for a system with less games? That would be like selling your PS2 and all it's games to buy a Gamecube or Xbox back in 2003. Multiplatform ownership is the way to go.

You can only play one system at a time, and one game at a time. Different strokes and all that. In the past I owned multiple systems. Now I just have one. OT Congrats. There are a load of great games out already, and this holiday season is going to be huge.

That makes no sense.... that's like saying it was pointless for me to have my PS2 and Xbox because my PS2 played all my JRPGs and my Xbox had my FPSes and WRPGs... both consoles have exclusive games that rock... giving up one for the other doesn't give you anything.

It makes perfect sense. No need to try and twist my words. More consoles = more variety for sure, but it's not for everyone. I dont have time for what I have, let alone more..

PSN - hanafuda

Liar said:
but if a ps3 fan says something bad about the wii and wii games, he would get banned right on the spot. vgchartz is biased.

Wow, your username is Liar:  That suits you perfectly!!!  If you think this is so biased, why are you here? Quiting your whining.

Anyways, as for 5 games:

1) LBP

2) GTA: IV

3) Motor Storm

4) Killzone 2

5) Resistance 2

Good choice, although I think you should have tried to keep the 360 as well. Games to look out for in the next 6 months- Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LBP, SOCOM, Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, WKC, Tekken 6, Killzone 2, Infamous and Resident Evil 5.

Tekken 6 !
Uncharted !
Metal Gear Solid 4 !
Resistance ! and 2
Gran Turismo 5 prologue !

Those are a few retail games i recommend. Resistance 2 is mentioned because it's just around the corner. I could spam you with more games but.. well i think everyones done a pretty good job at it already :)

Also, grats with your ps3!

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Well i know that if you get an asian copy of Siren on the PS3, it comes in english and its on a disk. You can get one at playasia. Think it costs a bit more though, but well worth it if you want a hard copy of your game like i do.

Congrats on getting a PS3. I own all 3 consoles, but i prefer my PS3 over the rest =D

Hah our little Xbox fanboy moved to Playstation Hahah

Take my love, take my land..

supernova82 i traded my xbox 360 and 12 games and some strategy guides at my video game store in the daytona flee market, my friend owns the store. he gave me a great deal $399.99 80gig ps3 and a new nintendo ds and 3 free games for $385, i got the nintendo ds and the 3 games for free, the ds was for my dad. i never trade in games or such to anywhere but at my friends store, cause he always gives me great deals.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Cueil said:
hanafuda said:
Cueil said:
I could never do that... give up a system for another... that kind of stuff just baffles me... what's the point of giving up a system with more games for a system with less games? That would be like selling your PS2 and all it's games to buy a Gamecube or Xbox back in 2003. Multiplatform ownership is the way to go.

You can only play one system at a time, and one game at a time. Different strokes and all that. In the past I owned multiple systems. Now I just have one. OT Congrats. There are a load of great games out already, and this holiday season is going to be huge.

That makes no sense.... that's like saying it was pointless for me to have my PS2 and Xbox because my PS2 played all my JRPGs and my Xbox had my FPSes and WRPGs... both consoles have exclusive games that rock... giving up one for the other doesn't give you anything.

==> but if are lacking of money then u try to get the best "deal.

Xbox360 is cheapier but u dont have wiifii/freePSN/BR player inside meaning that in term of "quality/price" ratio the console are interesting.

Maybe the OP was interested to get a BR player with his console to see some BR movie

He was maybe also more interested in the PS3 exclusive than in the xbox360 exclusive

Dont forget the RRoD...

Maybe he also has a PC meaning he doesn't need his xbox360 to play bioshock/Gearsofwar1/Leftfordead/RA3 ...

Time to Work !

*traded in* Well congrats OP you got ripped off. Should have found a friend to sold it to or ebay.