By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears of War 2 - sales predictions

What are your predictions for Europe, Japan and USA, the first day, week, month, year 2008?

Around the Network

3 million first month... 2 million first week... 1 million first day... at least 4 by the end of the year.

5 mil end of 2008 WW at least.

well Seeing that theres No other good games coming out on 360 at all I'd be surprised if it didnt sell well. haha, funny thing is though is that it's the same garbage ass the first.

Ok, the first gears came out in late 2006, since then the 360 user base has risen by a lot, If you take in to account that a lot of newer 360 owners may have bought gears 1 second hand then i expect gears 2 to have a much higher sales rate, If all the people who bought gears 1 new buy gears 2 new, And all the new 360 owners who bought gears 1 second hand buy gears 2 new then expect massive sales........... I think it can topple 6 million sales by the end of the year alone easily

Around the Network
PS3Fanboy4Life said:

well Seeing that theres No other good games coming out on 360 at all I'd be surprised if it didnt sell well. haha, funny thing is though is that it's the same garbage ass the first.

That means a lot, coming from someone with that name

PS3Fanboy4Life said:

Gears 2 alone will outsell any individual game on ps3 this fall...........

No games? ha ha ha, Yeah, nobodys looking forward to Left 4 Dead, Fable 2 and Banjo 3: Nuts and bolts

The top 3 selling 360 games this fall will crush the top 3 selling ps3 games this fall........... bottom line________________

Ronster316 said:
PS3Fanboy4Life said:

Gears 2 alone will outsell any individual game on ps3 this fall...........

No games? ha ha ha, Yeah, nobodys looking forward to Left 4 Dead, Fable 2 and Banjo 3: Nuts and bolts

The top 3 selling 360 games this fall will crush the top 3 selling ps3 games this fall........... bottom line________________

the last part i dont know about, i do believe gears will be at the top but thats the only 360 game thats at the top

because fable 2 is not going to pass lbp or r2, and bajo and left 4 dead will not be that big, i'm not being a fanboy just being honest i doubt those two will do 1.5 mil individually by the end of the year

well, i have to say than, sinces the firs one sold almos 1 million on week 1, i think than gears 2 will be between 2 and 2.5 million, 4 millions on the first month and, by the end of the year, between 5 and 5.5 million.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Guys, this thread is about GEARS sales prediction, Take the trolling elsewhere.

gears 2 = 1.5 milion first week.

3 million first month.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)