By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gears of War 2 - sales predictions

ZenfoldorVGI said:
obieslut said:

While Gears 2 will be awesome, I suspect that I myself will be even more happy when I finally lay hands on Fable 2.

Thank god they aren´t comming out the same day eh ??? That would make me go scizophrenic... or even more than my doctor says I am already...

I think it will sell more than the first... don´t know how much though...

Around the Network

My prediction:

First week: 1.2 million

Overall: 5 million

Wii:FC 8542-6809-7276-6787

GT: Lordragoon 

gears 2 will sell less then gears 1.

obieslut said:

HA!

yeah right i cound see gears 2 selling 2.5 million first week,

obieslut said:

Wow. Your gonna be dead wrong just like all your other predictions. Take off your SONY fanboy glasses before predicting!!

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Fable 2 has got a lot of people interested , all im saying is that Gears 2, Fable 2 and Left 4 Dead combined will outsell say LBP ,Resistance 2 and take your pick combined

I'm just quoting you because of your signature, you do know that Nintendo is the one that dumped Sony right? I don't need to read your article because I was one of those kids that had a SNES and was looking foward to the Playstation CD add-on. There were even a couple of games that was shown that looked pretty good. Nintendo wasn't convinced about the CD technology (especially the load times) and dumped Sony and their project and hard work.
Sony then went and released the Sony Playstation since they already had worked on all the technology. It would've probably been a failure and Sony would've probably been out of videogames alltogether by now had Nintendo released the N64 with a CD drive instead of being stubborn and releasing a cartridge based console.

IMO I think it will have about 3 million its first week, I mean think about it, no other 360 game has been good that was worth purchasing this year IMO. Fable 2 will sell well, but us 360 owners are starved for this game. Everybody I know wants this game. End of the year will be about 5.5 million easy

I can see about half the owners which is about 5mill buying the first week. Due to the first one getting Game of the year and 93.8% avg rating at Gamerankings.com. Also the price cut helps matters. A $199 arcade is big.

So about 2mill-2.5 mill first week

Gears will likely be the next Halo for Microsoft... alternating these two year over year? I think that Gears would do well as an rts

obieslut said:

No, it will not. Gears of War 2 is going to be very, very big. I wouldn’t be surprised if it sold 3.5 million copies in one week, seriously.