By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Struggle for equality, development still disfavouring the PS3? (Fracture)

Squilliam said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Lazy developers strike again. Too lazy to AT LEAST make the games on par with each other.

I think for the First time ever I completely agree with Squilliam....

LOL! I can't be that bad...

Anyway unequal development can range from slight differences such as visual quality to framerates etc which impact the more important area of playability.

I think since the PS3 version costs as much as the Xbox 360 version they should do a better job of delivering an equal experience as you're paying the same money so you should get the same experience.

I'm guessing it was made on the 360 then ported to the Ps3. If thats the case do we need a thread for this? It's a common fact now ports from 360 to Ps3 suffer quality issues. I think I heard somewhere when games are made on Ps3 then ported to 360 it doesn't sacrifice any quality but devs don't like making Ps3 their lead platform yet.

Around the Network

I care about fracture. Looks good.

Anyway, you should care. This is yet another example of the PS3 getting slighted in development because the hardware is very difficult to develop for.

This late in the game, it's probably just lazy development, but as PS3 fans point out all the time, every game matters when it looks better on your console of choice than the competition.

360 version has:

Custom Soundtracks

Achievements

Better graphics

Rumble?

Doesn't matter how poorly or insignificant it sells. When PS3 fanboys try to play up Mercenaries 2 as having better rock textures, then 360 fanboys deserve to have a great big ole laugh at their expense everytime a story like this comes out.

So, this should teach you all that graphics are nearly the exact same on the PS3 and 360, anyway, and the small differences don't matter.

However, you'll never learn anything from me, because you refuse to listen. Since this is the internet, I'm not able to be the imposing figure I am IRL and make you learn, so all I can do is keep repeating myself, and slapping you on the wrist everytime your fanboyistic braggartry comes back to bite you in the ass.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, it's a continuing trend with PS3 fanboys.

Attack the validity of the article, the destroy the subject, or the author, whichever is the easiest target(in this case it's the developers and the game itself). This, effectually marginalizes the issue.

I guess accepting the fact that the PS3 isn't the best thing since sliced bread, and all other consoles aren't crap by comparison, never occurred to you.

Remember, "FFVerses13 was the only game we were really looking forward too anyway, plus Square-Enix now sucks, they were way better when they were Square, and they betreyed us, as well as horrible Microsoft, for Moneyhatting."

That's called "damage control" or "marginilization." It's also called a damn lie.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I care about fracture. Looks good.

Anyway, you should care. This is yet another example of the PS3 getting slighted in development because the hardware is very difficult to develop for.

This late in the game, it's probably just lazy development, but as PS3 fans point out all the time, every game matters when it looks better on your console of choice than the competition.

360 version has:

Custom Soundtracks

Achievements

Better graphics

Rumble?

Doesn't matter how poorly or insignificant it sells. When PS3 fanboys try to play up Mercenaries 2 as having better rock textures, then 360 fanboys deserve to have a great big ole laugh at their expense everytime a story like this comes out.

So, this should teach you all that graphics are nearly the exact same on the PS3 and 360, anyway, and the small differences don't matter.

However, you'll never learn anything from me, because you refuse to listen. Since this is the internet, I'm not able to be the imposing figure I am IRL and make you learn, so all I can do is keep repeating myself, and slapping you on the wrist everytime your fanboyistic braggartry comes back to bite you in the ass.

Er where have you been the past year and a half or so? Dualshock 3 came out a while ago so Ps3 has rumble. Ps3 trophys came out which are same thing as achievements. I would consider the 360 and Ps3 graphics about the same, with exclusives being true comparisons of the systems capability. MGS, GeOW, Uncharted come to mind. Custom soundtracks are also possible but the developer has to allow it for the game which they usually don't lol.

So confirmed, ps3 is a faulty machine........
what a bad news to ps3 owners.

Around the Network
SickleSigh said:

Er where have you been the past year and a half or so? Dualshock 3 came out a while ago so Ps3 has rumble. Ps3 trophys came out which are same thing as achievements. I would consider the 360 and Ps3 graphics about the same, with exclusives being true comparisons of the systems capability. MGS, GeOW, Uncharted come to mind. Custom soundtracks are also possible but the developer has to allow it for the game which they usually don't lol.

I'm fairly sure that Soul Calibur 4 didn't support rumble or trophies on the PS3 version. I'd assume that since these developers are especially lazy, according to PS3 fanboys, then they wouldn't support these features either, and seeing as how custom soundtracks are far rarer on the PS3, I highly doubt those will be supported.

That's where I'm coming from. Sure, it's assumptions, but I bet they're right, and if they're not, then why the hell does the PS3 have worse res, when they had the time to add all that PS3 stuff to it?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
SickleSigh said:

I'm fairly sure that Soul Calibur 4 didn't support rumble or trophies on the PS3 version. I'd assume that since these developers are especially lazy, according to PS3 fanboys, then they wouldn't support these features either, and seeing as how custom soundtracks are far rarer on the PS3, I highly doubt those will be supported.

That's where I'm coming from. Sure, it's assumptions, but I bet they're right, and if they're not, then why the hell does the PS3 have worse res, when they had the time to add all that PS3 stuff to it?

I only played the demo for SC4 on Ps3 so I don't remember if it has rumble or not but I don't know of any game since MGS4 that doesn't support rumble if it's available from what I've owned and rented. I'm not saying the developers are lazy. The ps3 is still probably hard to develop for so it's a lot easier to make the game on the 360 then port it to the Ps3 which ruins the quality somewhat. It would be a lot better if they made the game on PC then ported it to both systems. I think once you see games developed on Ps3 then ported to the 360 it may suffer from minor res or quality issues on the 360 instead.  Mirrors Edge and FF13 should give some answers. Custom soundtracks are more rare because once again Sony left it up to the developer to allow in game music and custom soundtracks. Most developers don't want to spend time putting it on their games for Ps3 or I assume they spent good money on their games music and want you to hear it.

I don't know what you want to hear, are you trying to say the Ps3 is a all around weaker system then the 360? I think it's  multi plat ports that suffer the most from graphical and development issues. I'm not trying to be a fanboy but when I play exclusive games they look and play great then when I put in a Devil May Cry 4 bluray my Ps3 freezes randomly during the game and has graphical glitchs. i really don't think it's the Ps3 being a out dated console lol. What do you think it is?

darthdevidem01 said:
who cares about.........fracture?

==> +1

he killed the thread in 1 post ...

Time to Work !

ahcheng said:

You are aware you own the most unreliable console in the history of gaming.

kjj4t9rdad said:
ahcheng said:

You are aware you own the most unreliable console in the history of gaming.

Owned. Ps3 isn't faulty, the development for it has a learning curve just like the Ps2 had. Some people forget the issues the Ps2 had for some reason because it had no competition but the Ps3 is doing just fine.