By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars info

- True GTA game - sandbox gameplay, open-world environment, gritty crime narrative.
- M-rating
- Isometric camera angle
- Cel-shaded polygons w/ black borders
- good touch-screen implementation - "tasteful" minigames, streamlining interface
- UI based on a PDA - hub for email, contacts, map, music player, GPS, stat-tracking
- stats uploaded to Rockstar Social Club website via Wi-Fi
- finger-sized icons
- missions designed for shorter periods of play, arcade quality
- aiming with control pad, auto targeting with R button
- subtle autosteer
- if you fail a mission, you can jump back to the action sequence
- chain gun, flamethrower
- good portion of Liberty City is modeled in the game (different routes than console games)
- no probems with load times, draw-in or frame rate
- lots of pedestrians, cars, etc on screen
- Wanted system - objective is to disable police cars any way possible
- real-time weather effects, 24-hour day/night cycle
- lots of radio stations to listen to (more instrumentals than vocals)
- 800,000 lines of hand-optimized source code (hey, the people like the info, right?)
- no details yet on multiplayer/Wi-Fi features

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335666

So far this doesn't sound too good imo.Hopefully they add Touch Screen features correctly.

Around the Network

Eh? That sounds pretty good imo. Then again im not a huge GTA fan so doesnt really bother.

to good to be true for a GTA game i dont believe it
no frame rate problem ? yup.. i thought the game also runs on 1080P and can destroy real worlds and enter the demon dimension...

It looks very good so far... for GTA fans that own a DS. I own a DS but I'm not a fan!

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

sounds great, but i'm wondering about the camera angle?

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

Does anyone have scans of the game.

hmm...it sounds okay..but how the hell do you aim with the damn D-pad ....how do you move around then?!

something tells me this game is going to bomb, just a hunch

>- Isometric camera angle

sounds like SIm all over again with mini games built in..

also... 'tasteful mini games'??? Who the hell plays GTAIV for tasteful stuff? Where's the hooker killing and cabbie beating?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

this game will do good