By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion NEW Trailer

Alisa's fighting style seems interesting. Thank God she doesn't fight like Dr. Bosconovich from Tekken 3. I hated that guy!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

It looks like they're trying to add elements of MK and SF into it. Guns, weapons, wands that turn you into a panda etc. Not sure how it will play out since Tekken was always a franchise that was meant to be somewhat based on realistic fighters. This game can either be really good or bad. I heard they added like 2 hit KO moves in it as well but they take a while to charge up. They also increased maximum health bars since characters do more damage.

SickleSigh said:

It looks like they're trying to add elements of MK and SF into it. Guns, weapons, wands that turn you into a panda etc. Not sure how it will play out since Tekken was always a franchise that was meant to be somewhat based on realistic fighters. This game can either be really good or bad. I heard they added like 2 hit KO moves in it as well but they take a while to charge up. They also increased maximum health bars since characters do more damage.

dude the second game of the series featured a guy who could shoot a laser beam out of his forehead..  the third a mssive monster with a snake arm that spurred fire from it's mouth. And a small dinosaur who could do the same. Tekken 5 included Both a laser guy and a guy who shoots fire from a big mouth in his stomech. Not to mention tekken tag.....

but i see what you mean. Tekken is mostly about hand to hand combat In either case these are special items that you can use during a fight. They will cost to get and they will be crappy so don't worry about it. It's mostly for fun :P

Check out my game about moles ^

If ever a game needed custom soundtracks, it is Tekken.

Seriously, it has some of the greatest gameplay ever conceived, but it has music to drown kittens by.

The items look terrible, but hopefully they won't interfere with the core gameplay. I also hope the new characters aren't all noob characters like most of the ones added in Tekken 5 and DR.

Sweet , looks like a must buy for any beat em up fans.

Around the Network

I'm actually disappointed in the trailer.

The graphics are okay, I'm guessing has more to do with the low quality video then anything else. Lars looks like a joke, there's been some whacky characters in Tekken in the past, but this guy looks like a clown.

Also, disappointed by the ground breaking everytime a character falls over, what's up with that? The fact that there's no scarring or any lasting impact with all this crumbled earth flying about, doesn't feel next gen to me.

The new gameplay additions are also pretty meh, Tekken has always been a series to either not do what other fighting games have done OR implement mechanics that others copy. The two notable changes (items and customisation) are borrowed from other games and it feels un-necessary in any fighting game, but even more so for Tekken.

Unless this game pulls out something special upon release, it's a pass for me at the moment. I await the day when I can finally put down Tekken 3 and play another epic Tekken game (4 was average and 5 was good, but not 3 good).

Played_Out said:
If ever a game needed custom soundtracks, it is Tekken.

Seriously, it has some of the greatest gameplay ever conceived, but it has music to drown kittens by

The items look terrible, but hopefully they won't interfere with the core gameplay. I also hope the new characters aren't all noob characters like most of the ones added in Tekken 5 and DR.

I disagree. I really like the soundtrack for Tekken 2 and 3.