By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why was the original DS so goddamn UGLY??

I can't get over the fact how ugly the original DS design was. The Dslite is slick but the original looks like something out of the 70's. Why did Nintendo design and release something so hideous and where did they suddenly find the talent to design the much more aesthetically appealing lite and wii systems?

Around the Network

I know I'm in the minority, but I think the original DS had it's charms. It was bigger, which accommodated my long fingers much better than the Lite. And I personally don't find it to be that bad looking.

I don't understand it either, but it's not like it happened this time only, the Gamecube was really ugly too, and if i had to choose between the FAMICOM design and the NES design, i would choose the FAMICOM design, but i get why they hade to do that back then...

I don't know--why was the original PS2 model so ugly? And the ORIGINAL original Xbox (both typings intended) so damn massive? The answer is that these things just get more refined with time.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Same reason why the original GBA was ugly.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

It's cuz the original is a TANK! Indesctructible. They should've added those words on the box.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-