By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii Music really that bad?

It's an embarrassment to the gaming community.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
CrashMan said:
Even as a casual game, I think its far too shallow. Sure there are a lot of instruments to play, but you can't play them WRONG. There is nothing to really be gained out of playing the game. I think they went a tad too simplistic to the point where this game would be better as an introduction to music for young kids rather than an enjoyable entertainment experience for everyone.

Do kids want to play instruments wrong?

No, but there's nothing wrong with challenging a kid. They'll thank you later. lol

finalsquall said:
It's an embarrassment to the gaming community.

The rabid fanboyism that surrounds the mediocre series that is Final Fantasy is an embarrassment to the gaming community, this is just an extremely shallow piece of software (I am reluctant to call it a game, per say)

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
NYANKS said:
No, but there's nothing wrong with challenging a kid. They'll thank you later. lol

"Hey jimmy play this piano, you suck and will get it wrong but play it anyways."

Around the Network
NYANKS said:

As anyone one who grew up on the NES knows.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

@ Untouch -  You gotta start somewhere. Anyway, it is widely known to be aimed at very young children, so as long as Ninty acknowledges this I'm not offended by this games existence like Rol (okay maybe I'm a little offended)

No, only for 5% of all people who play video games thinks so.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Let's wait and see before we make too many judgments I have seen six songs at most in the list ... if that is complete that is a problem. But I doubt we have the complete list.

Basically, this game is not too deep. But it is meant to be fun ... not frustrating.

Most people here won't like it. Over 5M Wii owners will. And I will have one under my Christmas Tree.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

If you are attempting to tap a market that no one has successfully tapped before you must take steps in a direction that no one has gone before ... Wii Music is one of those steps and most of us really don't have any idea on what to make of it; it could be amazingly successful like Wii Sports, Nintendogs or Brain Training, or it could be a "failure" like Electroplanktin.

Why people hate Wii Music is because they wanted Nintendo to focus on something else at E3, and Nintendo not focusing on them at all times is offensive to them.