By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I don't like ads from this site talking to me (like, out loud).

Whether at work, school, or home, it's shitty to have to deal with "Congratulations, You've won a Nintendo Wii..."

I'm using Chrome more than Firefox recently and maybe the adblocking isn't up to snuff.  I know ioi mentioned we should stop using adblockers, which is fine IF the ads stay within their banners.  Popups and audible advertisements are too much to deal with, sorry.

So, this is a request to get rid of popups and audible ads.  I don't want to have to maximize adblocking again.

Around the Network

just turn down the volume

All I see is latest games available in VG chartz store.

Take my love, take my land..

I agree 100%.  These ads that talk are truly annoying and are having the opposite affect of driving people away from the site and the advertiser's products rather then drawing them in.

I use this site from work,  and it's impossible to use the site with the same ad blasting loudly over and over each time I move from page to page.  You would think that they would at least control the ad so it doesn't come up constantly with each and every page request!

The only time they are a problem for me is when I'm listening to music with headphones on at full blast and then "YOU'VE WON A NINTENDO WII!!!!!!" destroys my ears :l

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

its on right now, "congratiulations for winning a nintendo wii"..... i get really mad, they need to take it away from this site.

The talking ads are problematic. I like to peruse this site occasionally from work, but the talking ads mean I either mute my system (not acceptable) or don't browse. I wish they would avoid these kinds of ads.

deathgod33 said:
its on right now, "congratiulations for winning a nintendo wii"..... i get really mad, they need to take it away from this site.

Yes,  from what I've noticed they seem to run these annoying voice ads on Tuesdays.....ALL DAY 

I agree. I hate those "Congratulations...." ads with a passion!

They seem to be gone for me ^_^

All I see is the gaming related one, and one for PNC bank.