By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Amazon Sales Are Odd

i find really strange that the play3 is selling soo well in amazon, the have sold like 1500 units in 2 days, but what i find really odd is that ps3 games are not selling as well has the console it self, there like only 2 ps3 games in the top 50 best sellers, and is odd that ps3 is #1 but de games are not selling, is people buying the ps3 to have a cheap bluray player or what?

Around the Network

Very much possible. Last time i checked amazon, those ps3's were selling for just over 400$. That could be that other factor. Although i admit that i don't know the current pricing for blue ray players in the US.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

idk they could since they have that special deal of 5 free blu ray movies

i think maybe people are not buying games like motorstom because there wating for the free one thats coming with the 80gb version, but it is still odd because if you allready bought a 60gb version you ar not gonna buy another one the 80gb version

Amazon is probably the best place to buy a PS3 at, right now. You get a free movie, a free Blu-Ray remote plus the 5 Blu-Ray movies offer... So it doesn't surprise me. The games, you can get them anywhere.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

THe game sale are actually doing alot better. before the price drop there was 1 game in the top 100 that being Ninja gaiden sigma cause it was just released last week. now there are 2 games in top 25 Resistance and sigma. while others have moved into top 100 like oblivion at 50, NCAA 08 pre-orders at 52, the darkness at 62, RB6 vegas at 68. games have been jumping all over the place in and out of the top 100 since the price drop. the average rank of the top 10 ps3 games was like +200 before the drop. so in gussing there is a 1 game attach rate going on due to the still high price of the system. The Wii in contrast is a low priced system so people have more money to spend on the games.

its been 3 days and he PS3 has sat at #1 undesputedly and now has its accories backing it up pushing the Wii to Rank #6. Also ysterday the white and black 360 controller was on sale for 32 bux and that jumped to the top 5.

grimygunz said:

pushing the Wii to Rank #6.

Noone's pushing the Wii. It's pushing itself down by being sold out.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Nothing strange here. I wasn't far from gameless purchase too. Its' a pretty expensive stuff you now, especially when you don't own HD TV. You have to spent $2000 and this extra $60 makes a difference. At least for me (but I'm poor so you can obviously disagree). There is a great selection of playable demos on PSN so you can definitely survive a week or two without a full game.

I am not sure, but they did indeed sell atleast 1500 PS3. Momento, which came as a free offer is 3rd on the movie list. Up from 23,000. Amazon does have the best deal for the ps3 and maybe people are just purchasing games elsewhere?  If $500 is too large of an amount for us hard core gamers to swallow, then why do you think movie buff think it's a steal for a blu-ray player? People will buy games for the system.

It is pretty easy to observe stock number either through eproductwars.com or by checking the stock yourself on Amazon (adding 999 to cart, etc.). Honestly, I think it has sold MORE than 1500 in the past few days, because I have been watching the stock myself.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson