By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Washington Post: Nintendo Is Star of E3 Show as Rivals Scramble to Catch Up

Galaki said:
*waits patiently for news coverage on how WiiBoard impales people's floors*

I'm actually wating for TGS where Sony calls Wii Fit a gimick while releasing a 6-way balance board that makes it possible for real-time weapon change ...

Around the Network

Gawd the casual gamer shit is annoying now. I dont wanna work out in a video game. hell its not even a new idea as the eyetoy had a fitness game on the ps2. nintendo showed us 4 games that we all saw coming that hardcore gamers are interested in. yet the damn news cares only about the crap Wii fit. casual people go to the damn gym or watch fitness videos so they need to spin that damn into a real nintendo game.

grimygunz said:
Gawd the casual gamer shit is annoying now. I dont wanna work out in a video game. hell its not even a new idea as the eyetoy had a fitness game on the ps2. nintendo showed us 4 games that we all saw coming that hardcore gamers are interested in. yet the damn news cares only about the crap Wii fit. casual people go to the damn gym or watch fitness videos so they need to spin that damn into a real nintendo game.

what is the difference to: Singstar, buzz, eye toy? Sony started the train and left the field open for Nintendo. So mayby you shouldn't be that hard on Wii Fit. Also I want that game

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

To non-hardcore gamers, every FPS shooter looks the same.

Lol I'm a hardcore gamer and most FPS's I've seen and played are kind of the same.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network

I tried to tell this to people yesterday, the nongamers will view Ninty as the winner

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

For once I actually agree with the mainstream liberal press!

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994

Avinash_Tyagi said:
I tried to tell this to people yesterday, the nongamers will view Ninty as the winner

As soon as I started reading some of the comments during the show, I quickly realized it was pointless trying to convince people anything. They had their minds up made before the conference even started and nothing was going to change it.

It was the last straw and I've decided never to debate certain people on the forum simply because they are incapable of considering another person's viewpoint.

I think its stupid, just dumb that the press would be so negative towards sony and microsoft, the best show was sony's end of the line, just cuz nintendo announced a balance board that can detect your movement doesnt mean OH DEAR GOD NINTENDO KILLED EVERYONE!! I think they are saying that to hype the wii more and just cuz wii has the hihgest sales.

mM
leo-j said:
I think its stupid, just dumb that the press would be so negative towards sony and microsoft, the best show was sony's end of the line, just cuz nintendo announced a balance board that can detect your movement doesnt mean OH DEAR GOD NINTENDO KILLED EVERYONE!! I think they are saying that to hype the wii more and just cuz wii has the hihgest sales.

QED