By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - looks like EA Games has taken the first step against reselling your games

Well i just bought rock band 2 and i noticed on the back of the manual it told about the 20 free songs that you get.  You have to go to rockband.com and enter a registration code thats on the manual, and give them your email address and then they will send you a token to get these 20 free songs once they come out. 

Point is i'm pretty sure that if you sold this game, the person who bought it used won't be able to get those 20 free songs because the code has already been used.  I think that more game publishers will follow EA and start to add bonus stuff if you buy their game brand new.  But I guess it kinda makes it more worth it too buy a brand new game instead of used.

What are your thoughts on this??

Around the Network

That's actually bullshit. Second hand or not you should get what u pay for.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

You can still resell the game, just too bad for the one buying a used copy. o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

megaman79 said:
That's actually bullshit. Second hand or not you should get what u pay for.

That commnt is hogwash. Why should they give you "free"(if you buy) content when you didn't give them a cent on that second hand game. Keep that in mind. The offer is to the person who actually contributed money to the company. Second hand games only give money to the pawn/Game shop. You should be ashamed that you think you should get the "offer" when your not supporting the company.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

It's a fair way to deal with buying used games. They just make the new game more enticing.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

This is not worse than electronic distribution. How are you going to sell that baby?

not a fan but a gamer

Good, no more recycling games for EB

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Same reason for Spore DRM. They don't want you reselling.

I generally tend to buy factory sealed games. I just buy them at dirt cheap prices.

They'll have to do a hell of a lot more than hold content hostage to kill gamefly though.

I'm for anything that hurts gamestop, however.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think this is way better than DRM at curbing both reselling and piracy. Just make new copies better. As much as I hate EA, I'll still side with them in any battle against GameStop.