By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA drops bid for Take-Two

Etech7 said:
yay! no true gamer wants ea to get any bigger.

I wish I was bigger. u_u

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:
SaviorX said:
What other IPs do Take-Two have?

Rockstar Table Tennis, Oni, Red Dead Revolver, Max Payne, Manhunt, Midnight Club, The Warriors, L.A. Noire

2K Sports Games

Bioshock, Elder Scrolls

You forgot their most profitable new IP of this generation: Carnival Games.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

pbroy said:
SaviorX said:
What other IPs do Take-Two have?

Rockstar Table Tennis, Oni, Red Dead Revolver, Max Payne, Manhunt, Midnight Club, The Warriors, L.A. Noire

2K Sports Games

Bioshock, Elder Scrolls

Those are some big f'n games names... personally I think that with a focus on the DS with smaller versions of GTA they can do well.  I wonder how well the DLC will do... I think it should top a million.. that is what 1/4 of the users on the 360?

Quick followup for everyone: Take-Two's stock plummeted this morning, just as several of us predicted. As I type this on Monday morning, the stock price is down over 5 points, trading at about $16.50 - that's a loss of 24% from Friday.

Take-Two is in deep, deep trouble.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I took a look at it and think its completely undervalued and could present a good oppurtunity to get into the stock ...

Dropped Bid + Lehman's Bankruptcy + Potential AIG, WAMU, and Wachovia bankruptcy probably resulted in the heavy drop.

But who knows in this kind of times.

Around the Network

Wouldn't that be awesome if Sony bought Take-Two? :) I can dream, right?

gnawkz said:
I took a look at it and think its completely undervalued and could present a good oppurtunity to get into the stock ...

Dropped Bid + Lehman's Bankruptcy + Potential AIG, WAMU, and Wachovia bankruptcy probably resulted in the heavy drop.

But who knows in this kind of times.

I don't think so really... Take Two as a company has a lot of problems. The only thing that makes the company valuable is Grand Theft Auto.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

elder scrolls is a bethesda softworks owned ip, bethesda is owned by zenimax media company. 2k is just the publisher not the owner of the ip.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1