By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Karl Rove, McCain has gone too far

rocketpig said:
Hahah. That's like Satan himself coming out and saying somebody did something a "little too evil".

Lol, that's kind of how I felt.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
bigjon said:
Did you not notice he said BOTH canidates.

I think that they are both going too far. But Obama is responding very childishly to it. Calling other liars and such.

What do you call someone who repeatedly says things that are untrue?  That's right, a liar!

Hell even the ladies on the view called McCain a liar, to his face!  The most agregious one is the sex ed in kindergarden lie.  Obama did indeed support limited (VERY limited) education in kindergarden.  What was the education?  Was it condom use?  Was it what sperms and eggs do?  No, it was very clear instruction to stay away from strangers and how to avoid the advances of pedifiles.  If you think that teaching children to be wary of adult sex criminals is a bad idea then you are either A) a sex criminal yourself who doesn't want kids to know how to avoid your advances or B) insane.  Take your pick.

On many other things including links between Iraq and Al Queda, between Iran and Al Queda as well as a ton of other topic he continues to lie and mislead.  Quite simply he is the opposite of 2000 straight talk McCain, he panders to those he used to call "agents of intollerence", he supports the tax cuts (and wants to extend the tax cuts) he called fiscally irresponsible and overly slated to the wealthy in 2002, he said he wanted to run an above board campaign this year and resorts to the same smear tactics that Bush used to take him out in 2000.  Hell, McCain hired some of the SAME people who carried out the 2000 smear of him as campaign advisors.  

It really is quite funny when Rove has more sense then McCain on this issue.  

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Kasz216 said:
Right... I haven't seen anything as bad as "OMG McCain has an illegitamite BLACK BABY!"

Honestly... that's even worse the good old nuclear bomb/little kid ad.

I wonder if they ever traced back who was responsible for the illegitimate black baby flyers... I have a hunch Karl Rove might have had something to do with it. Honestly, that was the most despicable thing I've ever seen in politics.

usually if you go and say something like its a fact, then you need a source. that is the summation of this site's forum rules.
i wanna hear where this democratic "sleazy politics" or the "flat out lying" is.

As far as i've seen, obama's campaign (read: his own words, and not the actions of the media or followers), has been squeaky clean and mature, not only going out of his way to say that McCain is a hero who loves his country and "deserves our respect" but to also say that this election is not about which candidate wins but about the future of the American people.
unfortunately, for republicans, evangelicals, and Alaskans, Obama is the only one of the candidates that gets it.

bigjon said:

I said that in my first post you gene-pool polluting fool.

Around the Network
Impulsivity said:
bigjon said:

I think that they are both going too far. But Obama is responding very childishly to it. Calling other liars and such.

What do you call someone who repeatedly says things that are untrue?  That's right, a liar!

Hell even the ladies on the view called McCain a liar, to his face!  The most agregious one is the sex ed in kindergarden lie.  Obama did indeed support limited (VERY limited) education in kindergarden.  What was the education?  Was it condom use?  Was it what sperms and eggs do?  No, it was very clear instruction to stay away from strangers and how to avoid the advances of pedifiles.  If you think that teaching children to be wary of adult sex criminals is a bad idea then you are either A) a sex criminal yourself who doesn't want kids to know how to avoid your advances or B) insane.  Take your pick.

On many other things including links between Iraq and Al Queda, between Iran and Al Queda as well as a ton of other topic he continues to lie and mislead.  Quite simply he is the opposite of 2000 straight talk McCain, he panders to those he used to call "agents of intollerence", he supports the tax cuts (and wants to extend the tax cuts) he called fiscally irresponsible and overly slated to the wealthy in 2002, he said he wanted to run an above board campaign this year and resorts to the same smear tactics that Bush used to take him out in 2000.  Hell, McCain hired some of the SAME people who carried out the 2000 smear of him as campaign advisors.  

It really is quite funny when Rove has more sense then McCain on this issue.  

Rule #1 in Politics: never call the other guy a lier.

You can say misspoke, mislead, spoke uninformedly... But "lier" means you are saying what the other guy said is malicious.

You never want to do that. It gets you zero votes, and loses you some. There are people who feel both candidates are good men, working hard to make this country a better place. They just both think different things need to happen for us to get there. When you call the other guy a lier, you look like less of a man, and all it does is make the other guy look better.

ManusJustus said:
bigjon said:

Then why didn't you title the thread "Karl Rove, Obama has gone to far"?

bigjon if you are going to call someone a baby for calling someone a liar, then you shouldn't resort to crying out for montana's help, it makes you look hypocritical.
you should also change your avatar....
btw: are you sure you go to harvard, and don't just sit facing the direction of harvard while in class at BU?

TheRealMafoo said:
ManusJustus said:
bigjon said:

Then why didn't you title the thread "Karl Rove, Obama has gone to far"?

Because a Republican calling a Democrat names is not exactly big news, is it?

@everyone: Can we keep the personal attacks in this thread to a minimum please?

I spend the last 6 weeks in the US and the election coverage is reeally beyond insane, although "The View" made me laugh real hard.

Did anyone read the article?

The really interesting part is the fund raising. Both are seeing record numbers despite the cable news buzzing that Obama saw a slow down and McCain can't rally the base. August was the biggest month yet - 66 million Obama and 47 million McCain (who is also planning on taking public financing for November).

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.