By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Missed Opportunity for Microsoft!

If the Xbox 360 did not have such a high failure rate (rrod). Then the Xbox 360 would remain on top because of its unprecedented games library e.g. halo, gears, mass effect, bioschock, ninja gaiden etc.  But because when purchasing an Xbox 360 there is a 50/50 chance of red ring of death to occur within 6 months.

I enjoy gaming and do not want to worry about the rrod occurring also the xbox makes too much noise its frightening at times and that where the ps3 shines it gives you peace of comfort not having to worry about any heat issues and it is quiet feel because of this issue the Xbox 360 will be faded out to the Sony ps3.

Because there is a lot of hassle involved with the rrod  (returning the item receiving a refurbished used one) and a lot people will switch from the 360 to ps3 because of its very low failure rate. I believe had the Xbox 360 not had these problems it would have sold at least in the region of 30m, it’s a great console with the best games on the market, but the console is a major let down.

It has real heating problems. In conclusion the Xbox 360 has had a sprint but will soon end its run whereas the ps3 is a marathon runner which will continue to run and will eventually outrun the Xbox 360.

Also the ps3 is just starting to show its potential with games such as mgs4, kilzone 2 ressistance 2, ff7 , god of war 3 etc the ps3 may win the battle, in conclusion I feel if the 360 did not have rrod the problem it would have easily sold between 30 – 50m This is not a fanboy i have both consoles but feel the rrod is just a major setback for Microsoft.

Please discuss!

Around the Network

Are you the same megaman who is the self-proclaimed "Sony leader" over in the Sony forums?

I don't know how much the RROD effected users in terms of absolute numbers due to skeptical users picking another system.

However, RROD most likely has hindered price cuts until now, which if so, did indeed hinder the sales of the X360 by pretty large margins - Microsoft could of dealt Sony a death blow in the US last Christmas by countering the $400 PS3, by releasing a $239 or lower Arcade, but did not.

I'd agree with a ballpark figure of 30m, give or take, had RROD not of occurred.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Domicinator said:
Are you the same megaman who is the self-proclaimed "Sony leader" over in the Sony forums?

no there is a sony leader, lolll

I think the 360 is doing fine and will continue to do fine. What else matters?

The PS3's "ten year cycle" doesn't mean it will be the flagship console for ten years. So yes, I guess in that sense, it's the marathon console, but it still might have to sit in the shadow of the PS4.

I also think it's a little foolish to think the 360 will stop selling at the 30 million mark. It's currently the only console at $199, the price cut is currently causing the console to sell at 6 times what it was selling before, we're just about to go into a holiday shopping season, and the PS3 is not going to have a price cut this year.

Also, I think the RRoD is much less of an issue than it was, and people are less afraid of it happening now. Most of the time it only comes up when a PS3 fanboy gets backed into a corner.

Around the Network
megaman89 said:
Domicinator said:

no there is a sony leader, lolll

he's somehow one of your three friends.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

*Online* megaman89
54 profile views
7 forum posts
*Banned* megaman2
3,021 profile views
530 forum posts

waaaaaay to obvious. Megaman2 is banned, and this guy shows up spewing his troll statements.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

The 360 having low reliablility still prevents me from getting one. Does the warranty cover Israel?

Strategyking92 said:

*Online* megaman89
54 profile views
7 forum posts
*Banned* megaman2
3,021 profile views
530 forum posts

waaaaaay to obvious. Megaman2 is banned, and this guy shows up spewing his troll statements.

Why do keep people comparing me with megaman2!

This is not a troll statement, but a sensible thread to create a discussion. There is no troll statements in my thread, I've been a member for some time now, keep your conspiracy theories to yourself!

I actually have always thought this. In terms of absolute numbers, the amount of people that were put off from buying it was probably countered by rebuys. But they easily could have been $80-$100 cheaper than they are now with the price cut.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."