By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3: a radical departure into FPS territory?

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
Legend11 said:
I don't know why they even bothered to change the formula, and this is no bash against Nintendo but usually when they find something that works they don't bother to change it much and the same could be said about Bungie and their Halo series, why try to fix what wasn't broken?

There were a good share of complains after metroid prime 2.

Beam ammunition and Morph Ball bosses FTL.

Desroko said:

The guy saw one level and complained that the level design has been completely changed?

you see... the game becomes repeatitive after you run through it the 38th time.

/sarcasm

I think the demo is to show case the control scheme. Based on numerous reviews, even the bad ones, the controls sound like it's better than any console's ever done. 

DarkD said:
Leave it to a Sony boy to post the most negative Nintendo related articles. I got a few others which give Nintendo a thorough tongue lashing, but did I post them? No because they are biased and more often than not have no clue what they are talking about. Nintendo has consistently delivered games which the mainstream gaming media have flunked out in ratings and whatever else they do with it. Stick to screen shots and trailers please.

How about you stick to not attacking me personally. A Sony boy? If I was a Sony boy I wouldn't have a Wii and wouldn't give a shit about this game.

So people who criticize the big N are automatically biased and don't know what they're talkign about huh?

Have you played the game? Can you tell me that it isn't going to the derivative FPS level design? NO.

How about you actually discuss the issue isntead of attacking me. Also if you think Nintendo's big games are scored low by the mainstream game media you are seriously delusional and just need to look up the scores for the last Zelda game or former Metroid games or any other traditional Nintendo game.

Seriously, you are the Nintendo boy because you are just overreacting and attacking everything and everyone who so much as criticizes the company you worship or a product by them.

By the way the preview was extremely positive overall and this was like the only complain so it was not a negateive Nintendo article.

Maybe you should have actually read the preview before making judgments out of nowhere.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I will tone it down.

Also, what was the point in posting a positive preview? Did you even read the preview guy? It is positive almost completely...

If you are trying to post a preview to counter the other preview it's pointless because the other one already said the game is great.

If you can find a review that specifically deals with this issue then post that segment as it is relative to this issue.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I don't think 1up had enough exposure to the game to judge how level design is in the entire game. Let's wait and see, but I confess I'd be happy if it were more action oriented than the previous Metroid Prime games.

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh
ckmlb said:
I will tone it down.

Also, what was the point in posting a positive preview? Did you even read the preview guy? It is positive almost completely...

If you are trying to post a preview to counter the other preview it's pointless because the other one already said the game is great.

If you can find a review that specifically deals with this issue then post that segment as it is relative to this issue.

I don't think any of the other previews mentioned it because none of the other previewers found it to be a problem. 

I don't like Metroid Prime level design (i don't really like the game at all)
but i don't like Halo's level design neither......

so.....

It does sound a bit odd how the guy plays a single level (or was it two?) and then complains about the level design of the entire game. This isn't fanboyish denial, if someone was saying the levels in Killzone 2 are boring just because of what they saw at E3, I'd call them out as well. =P

Honestly I'm totally in favour of changing the Metroid formula a bit for this game. The biggest problem with Nintendo games IMHO has been sticking too closely to what the previous part did.

I will tone it down as well, but you have attacked the Wii left and right today. I am fed up with that shit. Tell me what you would do when there are actually members on the site which go out of their way to flame your console in every post they make. Not you specifically. I have no problem backing down, maybe I am seeing ghosts in this thread.