By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OK guys, enough is enough

seriously, at the time of me deciding to create this thread, 3 of the top 4 'hot topic' threads are about next generation. It seems like a gen has only just started before everyone says "screw this gen, it didnt turn out exactly like i had expected so im gonna talk about the next one which wil fix all my problems!"

It just seems far to early to be seriously thinking about the next gen when this one has only just got going...

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

I totally agree. It is way too early to be worrying about this, and I would prefer if the console developers would kind of hold off on launching their consoles too early. No one will benefit, not them, not the developers, not the gamers, not anybody.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

its only natural for human beings to use their imaginations to speculate of the possibilities of what the next gen consoles have in store for us. its also in our nature to share our ideas/beliefs of what the future has in store for us. hence the reason all the threads have been created. and occassionally we get someone like you who does not care about this kind of things and wants to let everyone know about that. again its in our nature so i thank you for continuation of human nature

akuma587 said:
I totally agree. It is way too early to be worrying about this, and I would prefer if the console developers would kind of hold off on launching their consoles too early. No one will benefit, not them, not the developers, not the gamers, not anybody.

i beg to differ. gamers will benefit knowing that a totally awesome system is being built, whether its a rumor or speculation, and will sleep soundly at night. a developer likely wants to know so they can decide if they should hold off a totally awesome game idea for the next console, and the company could benefit by reading forumns and seeing suggestions/ideas and incorporating them into their next system :]

Screw the Saturn. Bring on the Dreamcast!

Around the Network

like markers sed its only; natural for people to think like that
they want something that is an improvement over the current generation

All I'll say is they better get it right next time...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I totally agree with the OP....its just annoying TBH

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'm sick of next gen. Let's start talking about next next gen.