By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why does the ps3 sales spike wear off quickly???

I know why, because, if you look at Metal Gear Solid 4 in Japan, it hasn't even sold a million yet because only 2.38 million have bought the PS3 there, if more had it then the sales spike for MGS4 would have lasted at least a week longer, in USA, just over 5 million people have bought the ps3 so the sales spike for MGS4 lasted a week.

This means that if more people had the PS3, the sales of really good games would continue like with the Wii, for instance, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Play, these games have each sold over 5 million because there are more Wii's out there, and are still in the top 10.

Lets hope that the LBP sales will always be big, and PS3 sales become like Wii's forever

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Yeah, because the theory is that new console purchasers will buy MGS4 and/or GTAIV with their console, thus increasing sales.

This is especially true because there is a relatively lack of tent-pole titles on the console, and thus those that do exist will benefit even more from new hardware purchasers. As tent-pole titles, and options, increase, the effect on these games will diminish.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i agree.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Yeah, because the theory is that new console purchasers will buy MGS4 and/or GTAIV with their console, thus increasing sales.

This is especially true because there is a relatively lack of tent-pole titles on the console, and thus those that do exist will benefit even more from new hardware purchasers. As tent-pole titles, and options, increase, the effect on these games will diminish.

Just so we are on the same wavelength, give me some examples of tentpole titles on all 3 consoles

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Soul_tech10 said:

I know why, because, if you look at Metal Gear Solid 4 in Japan, it hasn't even sold a million yet because only 2.38 million have bought the PS3 there, if more had it then the sales spike for MGS4 would have lasted at least a week longer, in USA, just over 5 million people have bought the ps3 so the sales spike for MGS4 lasted a week.

This means that if more people had the PS3, the sales of really good games would continue like with the Wii, for instance, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Play, these games have each sold over 5 million because there are more Wii's out there, and are still in the top 10.

Lets hope that the LBP sales will always be big, and PS3 sales become like Wii's forever

Wow, how long did it take you to figure that one out? This is one of the most pathetic threads I have read.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
Soul_tech10 said:

Wow, how long did it take you to figure that one out? This is one of the most pathetic threads I have read.

I agree, I cant believe ppl are responding to this like this is news. More ppl buy console, more games sell........BRILLIANT!!

well you're obviously more stupid than me, 'cos if you find the thread so pathetic why did you read it??

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

i dont see LBP being PS3's wii sports if thats what you mean

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

No way! This is some breakthrough information here, it belongs in the news section.

i diddnt say that lbp will become like wii sports sales cos wii sports is pacaged with every wii sold except in japan and even there it sells well, what im saying is that the game and ps3 should maintain high sales.

PS3 Trophies