By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I Finally Ordered a TV!

I wanted a 46", but had to settle for a 40" cause of $$$, but the model I got is one of the best out there.  I got it for $1379 with no tax and free shipping.  Here are the specs:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40A650-40-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B0014175NE/ref=pd_ts_e_5

• 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio: up from 25,000:1 on 2007 models
  • Blazing 4ms response time: down from 8ms on 2007 models thanks to a new high-speed liquid crystal
  • Transparent and Opaque Color (TOC) bezel with infused color creates an ultra-sleek shape and appearance
  • 4 HDMI 1.3 ports: Simplay compliant, and up from 3 on 2007 models
  • Sports and Game modes boost on-screen performance and interaction with the latest gaming systems
  • Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.

It's a 1080p 120hz TV.  I am so excited!  I should get it by the end of the week.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Welcome to HD my friend

Wow. Man, I wish I could afford something like this. Just look at my sig. :(

But, I´m happy for you. Enjoy. :)

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Sounds like quite a sexy TV.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn....that's a nice TV

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

1399$ thats a bit much for a samsung 40" LCD 1080p.

Mine is a Sony Bravia 44" LCD 1080p same spects, HDMI, USB, etc. but only for 1000$

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
1399$ thats a bit much for a samsung 40" LCD 1080p.

Mine is a Sony Bravia 44" LCD 1080p same spects, HDMI, USB, etc. but only for 1000$

Does it have 120 HZ?  What's your contrast ratio?  (This one has one of the best contrast ratios out there).

All the Bravias I saw were pretty high.  Like this one for about $1500.  I am pretty sure yours is not 120 hz.  If it is, then you got quite a deal!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDL-40W4100-40-Inch-1080p/dp/B0017Q8B66/ref=pd_ts_e_24?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

my parents have the same TV

and congrats!!

you got a nice HDTV akuma587 your HZ is running 60 more then mine....you win..hehe XD

Gratz!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself