By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spore problems THERE ARE NONE!

Can't say I've hit any problems with this game, nor noticed any bugs or glitches yet. I expected to though, what with having 64 bit Vista on my gaming rig, but nope smooth sailing for me so far.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Around the Network

the drm 3 installs no multi accounts. gee punish people who pay for the game, so they are more likely to either a not buy a new game, or b pirate it.

i dont know how they settled on 3 but its crap, i have games that are a decade+ on my computer and on the windows side i have gone through far more than 3 upgrades, and on the mac side, ive gutted computers to completly upgrade at least 4 times, so i guess i couldnt play games there either

Adobe seems to be up to this crap too, but as they control a market no one calls their shit, ive never had a problem getting a release outside of a scolding to uninstall it to get my install back (kinda hard to do with hard drive failures which i had 3 of never use western digital again)

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Gearbox said:

Ok so I started to think I shouldn't get spore because of all the problems I've been hearing about it. But I decided I should anyways. I put it on one laptop and it worked fine, so then i put it on my other computer, SAME COPY, and it didn't workthe first time. So, I reinstalled it and it worked.. Simple as that.

Maybe all those people who couldn't get it to work have nop patience? When I double click the spore quicklink it takes a minute for the game to load up. So what?

I put all the settings on high aswell and there is no lag. SO CAN YOU ALL STOP SAYING IT DOESN"T WORK. plz

You do realize that if you ever install the game again, you'll have to call EA and they may, or may not allow you to install it. You get only 3 trouble free installs per game disc.

Also, you now have SecuRom on your computer. A virus program that runs in the background and can only be removed by reformatting. It verifies that your EA games aren't pirated. It also uses system resources.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, let me address the misconception that the OP has stated. He believes that the problems with Spore were in game bugs and glitches, or installation problems.

That's false.

The problem with Spore is the 3 max installs and the SecuRom program that it installs on your computer, when the pirated version has neither problem.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

And the game had not sold millions yet. And most of the people that goes to the forums go to tech support. It got 150k views already in the US one, since release. And this number can rise. The quality of the gameplay is one thing, you may like or not, but there´s no denying that the game seems buggy.
And OP, if you got the money, try to remove a piece of your hw and put it back, and report back. If it doesn´t afect, it´s a huge EA mistake, cause they came public before release and said that any big hw chage may request an activation. If they said it and it´s not true then they, the EA, caused the 3 activations confusion for nothing.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Gearbox said:

Ok so I started to think I shouldn't get spore because of all the problems I've been hearing about it. But I decided I should anyways. I put it on one laptop and it worked fine, so then i put it on my other computer, SAME COPY, and it didn't workthe first time. So, I reinstalled it and it worked.. Simple as that.

Maybe all those people who couldn't get it to work have nop patience? When I double click the spore quicklink it takes a minute for the game to load up. So what?

I put all the settings on high aswell and there is no lag. SO CAN YOU ALL STOP SAYING IT DOESN"T WORK. plz

OK, well, here's the problem...

IT DOESN'T WORK!

I just bought it today. I installed it, I double click the shortcut, and an error comes up saying Spore has quit working.  Creature Creator worked, but the actual game does. not. run. at. all. For me.