By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - gas price is insane in here

NJ5 said:
ManusJustus said:

Europeans have awesome mass transit and other means of cheap transportation. If you want to go from Paris to Rome just hop on a train for cheap transport, want to get from home to work you can hop on a bus or metro for cheap transport.

We dont have that luxury in America, cars are the only way to get around (outside a few major cities) other than airplanes which is obviously expensive.

Public transportation is a luxury?

Transportation in general is a luxuary... outside your two feet.  Sad but true.  The US isn't built like Europe.

If you saw your average suburb in the US you'd see why public transportation won't work.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

If you saw your average suburb in the US you'd see why public transportation won't work.

Whose fault is that?

Kasz216 said:
NJ5 said:
ManusJustus said:

Europeans have awesome mass transit and other means of cheap transportation. If you want to go from Paris to Rome just hop on a train for cheap transport, want to get from home to work you can hop on a bus or metro for cheap transport.

We dont have that luxury in America, cars are the only way to get around (outside a few major cities) other than airplanes which is obviously expensive.

Transportation in general is a luxuary... outside your two feet.  Sad but true.  The US isn't built like Europe.

I think you're slightly mixing up cause and effect. From what I gather, the addiction to cars is what allowed suburbs to exist, not the opposite.

European cities were built when cars weren't widely available, to a greater extent than American cities. There's also some urban sprawl here nowadays, but nowhere near as much as in USA.

Depending on how the energy crisis plays out, suburbs may almost die. It's not something you'll see in the  short-term, but perhaps medium/long-term (again, depending on how things play out; it's not a certainty).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I almost chocked on my ice cream when i drove past the local Chrevon today. 151.9/L??? looks like Ike won't give us any. sympathy

although it's back to 'normal' levels, 141/L or so.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

Gas is good in Delaware in America.

I just saw it for 3.30 somewhere, and my mum said she saw 3.20 somewhere.

Around the Network

Damn. Ike wasn't satisfied whipping Tina Turner's ass. Now, he's died, turned into a hurricane, and is whipping EVERYONE'S ass!

i know its insane here in the states gas dropped alittle to 3.40 ntl. avg. but now its back on the climb

dsoverpsp said:
i know its insane here in the states gas dropped alittle to 3.40 ntl. avg. but now its back on the climb

Yeah, here its 3.59.

chapset said:
gas was 1.45/l laste two weeks then around 1.30-1.35/l so ike is not realy the cause, they use it to rip us also in canada two gas is taxed and also shut the fuck SHMUPGurus you dumb fuck go fuck a goat

I'm not sure if you just had a stroke or something, because that was the most random insult ever...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:
NJ5 said:
ManusJustus said:

I think you're slightly mixing up cause and effect. From what I gather, the addiction to cars is what allowed suburbs to exist, not the opposite.

European cities were built when cars weren't widely available, to a greater extent than American cities. There's also some urban sprawl here nowadays, but nowhere near as much as in USA.

Depending on how the energy crisis plays out, suburbs may almost die. It's not something you'll see in the  short-term, but perhaps medium/long-term (again, depending on how things play out; it's not a certainty).

Suburbs are due to cars allowing Urban Sprawl, however that doesn't magically make it easier to run a mass transit system together.