By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Rock Band 2 Review 9.0!?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/909/909663p1.html

I honestly cant belive it got a 9.0. Hilary honestly is the worst fucking reviewer.

9.5 Presentation
Superb execution, with perfect camera cuts on stage and plenty of your band's personality shining through.

8.0 Graphics
It looks almost identical graphically, which is fine, since last year's model was pretty enough to get the job done.

9.5 Sound
A stellar soundtrack that is, without question, the greatest assemblage of songs to date for a videogame.

9.0 Gameplay
Little has changed in terms of how the game plays, but there have been some very welcome additions. Battle of the Bands is inspired. World Tour, though, needs a revamp.

10 Lasting Appeal
There's still a hefty amount of time to waste on World Tour, but it's the dynamic Player Challenges and Battle of the Bands that will have you hooked for the next year.

Outstanding

Around the Network

Have you ever played Rock Band? It's a great game, not sure why you are so surprised about this score.

Timed exclusive right?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Ummm...ok, but I can't tell whether you're saying it's too high or too low.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

guitar hero has a battle on its hands, personally i am not in to rhythm games no matter what score it gets but its good for the fans.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

... Yep, watch RB 2 get a better Metacritic average score than GH:World Tour... Just because IGN and all the other big review sites know about the huge confrontation between RedOctane/Neversoft and Harmonix.

I mean, hey, Harmonix give free tickets to shows, make an expansion pack to Rock Band, and keep screwing Wii owners all the time! They're so cool! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I hate both Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but I hate Rock Band more.

Add Ion Drums and a bass guitar - this game rocks.

Aj_habfan said:
Have you ever played Rock Band? It's a great game, not sure why you are so surprised about this score.

A demo. But ive been reading up and theres barely anything that different. The new things GH:WT is doing are better.

@trestres
Yea

@Onyxmeth's
Too high. Shouldve gotten in the 8's Hilary give GTA a 10 IU a 7 and RB2 9 and Asassins creed a 7. That just doest add up imo.

I had no idea that Hilary was a guy's name... Oh wait... It Isn't is it?

More of the same is what I basically got from the review... which is what GH4 will probably get ponts taken off for. From what he said, RB2 sounds more like an expansion than a new game...

BTW, this guy must suck at GH/RB, cuz none of the expert stuff looked even hard even tough he said it was much harder and would "test you" ;P

The Guitar controller still looks bad to me...