By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US 360 price drop actually makes a US PS3 price drop LESS likely.

tombi123 said:
How much is a PS2 in NA? $100? I still don't think that the people buying a PS2 now, will be buying a current generation console anytime soon.

The PS2 is $130 here in the States.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
How much is a PS2 in NA? $100? I still don't think that the people buying a PS2 now, will be buying a current generation console anytime soon.

129.99$ + 19.99$ from the memory card. 50$ cheaper than the arcade but I don't think they are overlapping - the ps2 is more mature (more and cheaper games) and thus more attractive for gamers on a budget.

If the arcade were to steal a sizable chunk of the ps2 cake it'd be a huge blow for sony financially speaking. It'll be something to keep an eye on for future NPD's.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

sony makes it own hardware (except cell plants that were sold to toshiba but its their technology)

their advance its they can redesign and re engineer their hardware and make it smaller and save cost.

by third year generally their consoles get the redesign.
hopely we will get a 299$ ps3 slim by mid 2009, but if we see a price cut by oct/nov it won't bigger than 50$.
even so 2008 is ps3 win against the 360 worldwide, they will only do a the pricecut is 360 actually start moving enough to outsell it worlwide by a huge amount by xmas.
and thats doubtful

LOL MATURE said:
xman said:
You are looking at it from a profitability standpoint and actually are probably right. Sony can not afford more loses on the PS3 the price cut will have to wait until manufactures cost come down for the system

.... ...... ........ You mean like they have been doing all year? They made the Cell & RSX smaller. They have heat sinks and fans..

Which is how they were able to cut the price to $400.00, but correct they just like MS needs to keep improving the manufacturing process so the consoles get cheaper

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Jo21 said:
sony makes it own hardware (except cell plants that were sold to toshiba but its their technology)

their advance its they can redesign and re engineer their hardware and make it smaller and save cost.

hopely we will get a 299$ ps3 slim by mid 2009, but if we see a price cut by oct/nov it won't bigger than 50$.
even so 2008 is ps3 win against the 360 worldwide, they will only do a the pricecut is 360 actually start moving enough to outsell it worlwide by a huge amount by xmas.
and thats doubtful

We dont know if the PS3 has had a win worldwide until dec 31 2008 is over.   And Sony wont due a price cut in my opinion.  WOuld like to see the $300.00 price tag cause one they do count on one more sale cause I will be buying one

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Around the Network

There is a Playstation prrice drop coming. It'll be a Ps2 Price drop to $99 or $89 announced at TGS. The reason i think they'll drop the price is because I think this Christmas is PS2s farewell Christmas

Ah Kowenicki...still basking in the glory of your other thread today?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Good point. I agree Sony is more likely to drop the PS2 under $100 to $99 or less. This way they can keep riding the PS2 gravy train as long as possible.

xman said:
Jo21 said:

and thats doubtful

We dont know if the PS3 has had a win worldwide until dec 31 2008 is over.   And Sony wont due a price cut in my opinion.  WOuld like to see the $300.00 price tag cause one they do count on one more sale cause I will be buying one

that what i said, they have 1.5 million lead worlwide, it looks like the will sell even this christmas, so unless the 360 pricecut gets it over 1.5 + xmas sales ps3 won't get a big pricecuabout the ps2, its on a market on its own thats its still selling its impressive numbers and close outselling the 360 in europe and japan.

Jo21 said:
xman said:
Jo21 said:

and thats doubtful

that what i said, they have 1.5 million lead worlwide, it looks like the will sell even this christmas, so unless the 360 pricecut gets it over 1.5 + xmas sales ps3 won't get a big pricecuabout the ps2, its on a market on its own thats its still selling its impressive numbers and close outselling the 360 in europe and japan.

Look at that a PS3 owner and a 360 owner agreeing....lol.  I see detente