By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS will not leave gaming industry / Halo4 coming for Xbox720

Microsoft has an employment ad on their website, a new Halo Team is  looking for a "technical and highly talented program manager to work with an engineering team to help define the next generation of gaming software technology"

the employment ad goes on: "As part of a next generation team, you'll be instrumental in helping to lead the development of the engine that will power future experiences for the next generation of gaming platforms. You will work closely with the software architect and the senior development team behind this critical new effort. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with artists, designers, and other creative functions within MGS to ensure that we are building the best possible platform for content creators. You will also work to ensure we are building collaborative efforts with expertise available across the company, including the Xbox platform team and Microsoft Research"

You will find it here: http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=75035951

So am I interpreting to much?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Hmmm... yup. It seems like an unofficial announcement to me... good find.

I'm tingly already....But I don't know why.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

killzone3 is already in developenent for ps4, just kid

doesn't mention anything about the next xbox. just says creating games for next gen consoles. PS3 and 360 are still considered to be the next gen consoles.

Around the Network

Maybe MGS5 will be 720 exclusive.........

Future experiences.. building the best platform for content creators... this sounds like Halo 4 is gonna be a launch title for the next Xbox. Will the game be good without Bungie...?

Xen said:
Future experiences.. building the best platform for content creators... this sounds like Halo 4 is gonna be a launch title for the next Xbox. Will the game be good without Bungie...?

While I love Halo a lot, I think Bungie has pushed it as far as they could. They have introduced a lot if ideas to the FPS realm that are being copied by countless other games...but it may be time for someone else to copy them and add their twist to the formula.

And if Bungie does make Halo 4, you can bet your left kidney you will be getting a quality product. So its a win win...

Did anyone suggest that M$ will leave? Why would they when they're finally starting to get in tune with the biz

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

The_vagabond7 said:
I'm tingly already....But I don't know why.

Poor circulation?