By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September Another monthly win for MS is 100% certain

Millennium said:
xman said:
Millennium said:
Probably, yes. While 360 sales will crash and burn back to normal levels within two weeks, there won't be enough time for the PS3 to recover before the September data comes out.

October, on the other hand, will likely be another matter entirely.

Not so sure about that prediction I am thinking it should last a while and probably through christmas

Why? Nothing the HD consoles have done yet has managed to produce a boost that lasted longer than two weeks. Why should this be any different?

Because it is a large price cut that brings one sku to $200.00 which a historically a sweet spot in console sales and the other major SKU is $300.00  which is another price point historically that systems start to really sell at

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

^ Dude I'm not even sure about "might" in Japan.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Millennium said:
xman said:
Millennium said:
Probably, yes. While 360 sales will crash and burn back to normal levels within two weeks, there won't be enough time for the PS3 to recover before the September data comes out.

Not so sure about that prediction I am thinking it should last a while and probably through christmas

Why? Nothing the HD consoles have done yet has managed to produce a boost that lasted longer than two weeks. Why should this be any different?

Two reasons:

1. Christmas typically means families are willing to buy more expensive gifts/toys than at other times of the year, such as say, in July.

2. The $199.99 price point is very significant to most shoppers looking to buy consumer electronics.  Case in point, I will not buy a Blu-ray player until I can get one for $199 or less.  Anything more and my wife will complain that it's too much for a single Christmas item.  It has something to do with a psychological barrier, blah, blah, blah.

crumas2 said:
Millennium said:
xman said:
Millennium said:

Two reasons:

1. Christmas typically means families are willing to buy more expensive gifts/toys than at other times of the year, such as say, in July.

2. The $199.99 price point is very significant to most shoppers looking to buy consumer electronics.  Case in point, I will not buy a Blu-ray player until I can get one for $199 or less.  Anything more and my wife will complain that it's too much for a single Christmas item.  It has something to do with a psychological barrier, blah, blah, blah.

What I said but better

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

chenguo4 said:
^ Dude I'm not even sure about "might" in Japan.

A Japan price cut is supposed to come to the 360 in October, so any possible win would likely be delayed until Oct or Nov.

http://en.gamers.com/_news/forwardShowNewsArticle.php?newsid=1911

Around the Network

it might.....

THeir 3rd week for the year???
- Am not Impresed -

4 ≈ One