Forums - Sales Discussion - Little Big Planet = Little Big Deal

shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
what makes you think that LBP, a PSN arcade game for $10, will equal Fable 2, a full retail game.?

Regardless of what I think of sales, it's not a PSN game for $10.......so you need a new argument.

actually i think it is a PSN game, if im incorrect give me a link to prove it .

http://www.playstationdirect.net/2008/08/littlebigplanet-to-only-be-available-on.html

Good enough for you?

why are they releasing it on disc ? there is no way they'll be making a profit, or much of a profit anyway, are they going to release all arcade games on disc now ?

I'm thinking that the tutorial stuff that they're including is taking up a lot of space, which might have made downloading it from the PSN a bit unwieldly. The rest of the stuff, I have no idea.

well i doubt it would take up any more than 2/3 gigs if it has a lot of stuff, and thats massive for an arcade game.

I think that LBP will be one of the best, if not the best arcade game this year (next to braid and castle crashers) and i will buy it on disc form if thats all they'll sell it on, but comparing it to a full retail game (like fable 2) is ludicrous.

Where on earth did you hear that it is an arcade game?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ZKA0JG/ref=nosim/i4ufututechne-20?SubscriptionId=09FVDRT8TEJ64C2A7Y02

take a look at the link and tell me the price.

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
what makes you think that LBP, a PSN arcade game for $10, will equal Fable 2, a full retail game.?

Regardless of what I think of sales, it's not a PSN game for $10.......so you need a new argument.

http://www.playstationdirect.net/2008/08/littlebigplanet-to-only-be-available-on.html

Good enough for you?

why are they releasing it on disc ? there is no way they'll be making a profit, or much of a profit anyway, are they going to release all arcade games on disc now ?

I'm thinking that the tutorial stuff that they're including is taking up a lot of space, which might have made downloading it from the PSN a bit unwieldly. The rest of the stuff, I have no idea.

well i doubt it would take up any more than 2/3 gigs if it has a lot of stuff, and thats massive for an arcade game.

I think that LBP will be one of the best, if not the best arcade game this year (next to braid and castle crashers) and i will buy it on disc form if thats all they'll sell it on, but comparing it to a full retail game (like fable 2) is ludicrous.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ZKA0JG/ref=nosim/i4ufututechne-20?SubscriptionId=09FVDRT8TEJ64C2A7Y02

ignore the troll....and it'll go away

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LBP might become a great game, and I really hope so, cause it would be great for a different game like this to become successful, but I think you're just setting yourselves up for failure hyping it as much as you do. Especially saying it will own Fable 2, the sequel of a game that sold 3 million last generation. I think Fable 2 will sell 4-5 million as it is looking much better than Fable ever did last gen, but LBP is unproven and you really can't expect it to sell 5 million before-hand.

shanezx said:
CrazzyMan said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/10/littlebigplanet-takes-a-big-amount-of-space-up-to-40gb/

Any PSN game that uses 40GB, troll?
40gb ?! wow thats a bit excessive for an arcade game, but i guess that would explain why they have to put it on a disc. Also it is a great honour for me to have a reply from such an infamous fanboy as yourself, i am graced sir

He may be a fanboy, but he is much more worthy of some modicum of respect than you are.  Tragically wrong though his analyses and beliefs may be regarding future events, he still recognizes blatant factual reality AFAIK.  You, on the other hand, are either (1) trolling; (2) so ill-informed that total ignorance would actually be more knowledgeable; or (3) suffering from some kind of fanboyishness-induced delusion regarding the very world around you, perhaps one in which GTA4 went 360 exclusive and MGS4 went multiplatform.

I'm willing to presume it's not (3).  (2) is pretty hard to believe since I don't know where you would get misinformation that bad, but it's technically possible if you're coming here from some isolationist xbot enclave that deliberately avoids direct PS3 knowledge, only getting news by distorted rumors from similar but less isolated xbot enclaves, which in turn get their PS3 news via regular xbot distorted rumors.  (1) seems like the best bet from where I sit.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

The main reason why i'm getting a PS3 is for LBP. First a price cut though.

Around the Network
Veggie said:
player1 said:
The Sackboy has the potential to become the new Mario. 

As cool as LBP looks... you must be on drugs.

I can see it already...

Sackboy Baseball, Soccer, Basketball, Hocky, Tennis, Generic Fighting Game, Sackboy and Sonic Olympics 2012 London

GH, Rock Band and LBP...what a casual cluster for the PS3 that month, should be a big month for the PS3!

shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:

actually i think it is a PSN game, if im incorrect give me a link to prove it .

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3619.html

Blu-Ray only, no PSN.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

masterb8tr said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:
izaaz101 said:
shanezx said:

Good enough for you?

$60 ?         -.-         

I can't remember the last game I spent this much time scouring the internets for. I am incredibly exited about LBP and I know a lot of people (especially my wife) who are excited as well. I have shown gameplay footage to at least two dozen people and everyone has wanted to play it without fail. I bet it will be a huge release and probably the best selling PS3 game of the generation (though GT5 might give it a run for its money).

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me