By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The road I've travelled - insights and history of a game dev

colonelstubbs said:
You moved to Australia on the back of an online relationship? Thats extreme.

Nice story

LOL yes. What's worse is, I never actually told my parents. I left a note for them, apologizing and that I was moving. Basically I was already on the plane by the time they got home from work. How they didn't kill me, I still don't know ;)

Around the Network

wow dude, you left home! GFY
i used to leave home everyday but then i'd get hungry and go back for supper. by the end we had a box full of notes ranging from the first:
I know it will be hard, on all of us... especially me yadda yadda yadda
to the last:
F U, and then some empty peanut shells on top

What an awesome read bro.

"My grandmother, rest her soul, always said that I'd come out of that room as a genius or an axe murderer. I would ultimately take a little from menu A and menu B on that one." - That made me chuckle :)

BTW, I learned to eat really fast also, heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

That was actually pretty interesting read.
So, how many have you killed yet?
-77 or -78?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
That was actually pretty interesting read.
So, how many have you killed yet?
-77 or -78?

-77 people? or you asking me what year I was born? =P If I killed -77 people, that means Id have 77 children. How much would THAT suck?

The true answer is - It ain't a crime if you don't get caught. ;)

And I was born in 77. Im actually 31. The VG age calculation is off somehow. =D

@ Bottled Spring - What really conditioned me to eat super fast was that I had my NES on pause and I was afraid it'd do its random crash/freeze thing where you have to blow air into the cartridge and the unit. GOD I hated that!

@theprof - LOL I once ran away from home, around the block and under the porch. My parents couldn't find me for hours

Around the Network
Grahamhsu said:
I can't believe there's another music major here among these forums...there can only be one!!

It is a duel to the death then! *whips out guitar*

DUELING BANJOS!

@Bardicverse: -78 was better.
I was typing in kind of hurry and didn't really look what i wrote. Haha. Should have read "born" in front of the years.
Yeah, isn't the common complaint all around the internet, that "VGC is off".

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Good read.

Best of luck to you, buddy.

A developer of vaporware has nothing to boast about and even less advice to give to "young devs."

It sounds harsh but try to get something worthwhile on your resume before giving advice to others.

Words Of Wisdom said:
A developer of vaporware has nothing to boast about and even less advice to give to "young devs."

It sounds harsh but try to get something worthwhile on your resume before giving advice to others.

I've aready been on a published title, or did you skim past that part? I wouldn't consider a project in development for less than 5 years vaporware. Its the 5 year deadline that looms at the point of "ok, where is this game?" Read Duke Nukem Forever.

If you read correctly, my advice was from experiences, and not all positive ones. Some people can benefit and learn from the mistakes of others. So, while your goal is to try to tear into me for whatever reason, you only further promote my point. There are much easier ways to get to the end goal than I have. I didn't say anywhere "If you want to be successful like me..." I'm still travelling on the road, I'm just warning people on the road behind me where the speed traps are. =)